First of all, I just would like to say that this new lay out is more irritating than Charice Pempengco and sucks more dick than Paris Hilton. With that, let's do the pool.
UFC on Fuel 5 delivered as far as wars, impressive knock-outs and slick submissions are concerned.
In our own money pool, old-timer and lurker BNF impressed us by not just topping our money pool but also carving his name in mmaplayground. Not to be outdone is Mr. Alcoholic himself, Joben also appeared in mmaplayground. Rolandando is actually number four in PG! Ridiculously top scores. Proud of you Maniacs.
The Mania 1 Camp: Story Lines and Nubile Picks:
- 25 people in our camp picked One Punch to gut out a "W" against Tiger Jabouin. Oh boy, Brad sent that upper cut from hell and said good bye to the points of 5 people. If you look at the profile of these people: Either their Canadians that have strong national support for Tiger (see, Yan117, Jay and Scottidog) or they're simple Americans who have extreme hatred for English people (see, stinky fingers and goldmouth).
- 20 people picked Ogle to win against Mr. Loudmouth and tough-guy pretender and they were thwarted by the 10 people who picked Akira. Sometimes we really have to put aside hatred and make our picks logically. I have to admit I wanted Akira to lose so I picked Ogle even if I am not confident in his abilities. Well, lesson learned number 69.
- The camp is quite torn in the hot bout as evidenced by the 55-45% split between Miocic and Struve. In the end, the 14 people who picked the Skyscraper prevailed. Struve is on a roll and he should face Noguiera if he beats Hermann.
- Only 7 people (23%) actually had the confidence to pick Handsome to escape the Sassangle and oh boy he did. He even submitted the submission specialist that was picked logically by 77% (23 people). Sometimes logic though do not work when you're Handsome. Remember that.
- 8 people went back in time and chose old-warrior Bang Ludwig to beat a new generation Che Mills. Unfortunately, the leg injury halted the fight which Che has been winning.
- Only 5 people picked Amir to win against Hardy and they were thwarted by the new-found safe strategy of Dan Hardy. Need I say that was taken from the books of GSP.
- The camp is again torn in the Shotgun-Peralta fight as we can see from the 13 people that picked Young and 17 people who actually had points from picking the brawler.
- Remember this guys: Hathaway wins whenever he was given mid-tier fighters. And he wins by unanimous decision. You have to learn it the hard way sombrero as you picked the wrong guy to win by decision. I thought I have seen the word "nubile" when I saw some judging by Demi Lovato in X-Factor. But then scarnon, our Aussie friend put the words nubile to another level as he picked Maguire to win by second round TKO. Really scar? really?
- 7 people picked Kong Watson and they were frustrated by the split decision that the 23 people who picked Tavares rightfully deserved.
- Kyle Kingsbury's face suffered a derangement worse than what the Punisher did to Jigsaw. That derangement in their faces were also felt by our dear four Maniacs who picked Kingsbury: ohmamadoes, jay and aussie were forgivable for choosing Kyle to grind out the decision but Amos14 should be ashamed of his face for picking Kyle to sub Manuwa in Round 3.
- Guys, remember this: Damarques Johnson sucks and he is a good ploy to showcase how good a new comer is. I cannot understand why ohmamadoes and u_had_me_at_kimura would pick him to submit Gunnar. Worse, our Aussie friend Aussie even picked Darkness to KO Nelson.
- Mania Money Pool Hall of Famer BNF channeled his old warrior spirit and submitted everyone with a whopping 92 reasons why he is still relevant in our Money Pool. BNF actually picked perfectly 11 out of 11 and got perfect points for Nelson, Hathaway, Hardy, Mills, and got 14 points for Struve. What's even remarkable is that BNF is actually 3rd in mmaplayground. Congrats buddy.
- Our alcoholic Maniac Joben, fresh from the ban hammer recovery, got his name posted as the number 5 highest pointer on mmaplayground by scoring 89 points getting 10/11 correct picks, only missing Wiman. Mr. Turtle Neck also got full points on Mills, Hardy, Hathaway and Nelson.
- Goldmouth, despite his bad picking of Tiger Jabouin, still managed to steal the third spot by scoring a respectable 81 points despite only going 8/11. What saved goldmouth is his perfect points for Struve, Mills, Hardy and Hathaway.
- Bottom-dweller of the event is letstalkmma who picked perfectly but only managed to score 11 points. Go figure out. Sig of shame courtesy of BNF awaits you buddy.
The Rest of the Scores:
The Scores After 3 Excruciating Events
- Rolandando still is at first place with 209 points. Not only is he number one in our league, he is actually number four in PG! Close is BNF who has 202 points and third is Andrew and AJ who are not far with 193 points.
- ViolentMike is the biggest gainer with 22 notches up. Honorable mentions are Joben with 13 notches, Yan117 with 10 notches and VicDundee and goldmouth who went up 9 notches.
- Biggest lose for this event is letstalkmma who went down from being number 2 to now number 16. Honorable roll call go to P-Dub who went down 9 notches and Aussie who went down 7 notches.
|MMA Playground season 14: Fortnight of Pain
3 / 10 events complete
- Event 1: SanabriaMan - 70 points
- Event 2: Rolandando - 75 points
- Event 3: BNF - 92 points
Keeping it Short and Simple this time Maniacs. Hit up the comments section and spice up the discussions.