Welcome, Maniacs, to the fourteenth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: In the Nick Diaz challenging his yearlong suspension article, Biggant gave his support for the Strockton slugger with a class "209 never die!" comment, but J_M_I Himself responded with a heavy dose of reality instead.
It just lives on in abject poverty
- Statistic of the week: With all the insanity this week, the site change, the Strikeforce cancellation and UFC 152 fallout, it was a strange potential match-up with Lyoto Machida saying he'd fight Georges St. Pierre that got everyone fired up.
- Fanpost of the Week: This one goes to "My Therapy" by Notorious G.I.B. Go check it out
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Check out the very well-written "Strikeforce in ICU" article by King Editor, discussing the current state of Strikefroce.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: User My_crack_itches had a hilarious response to the announcement of Brittney Palmer's new Round 5 action figure
Why was I expecting this figure to be inflatable?
- Interview of the Week: My two-part interview with fan-favorite UFC middleweight Chris Leben was everything I could have imagined it would be and more. Very fun, educational and entertaining all in one..
If that interview isn't enough for you, we've also got an interview with UFC on Fuel TV 5 heavyweight headliner Stipe Miocic, talking his fear of flying and his main event bout against Stefan Struve. .
- Video of the Week: Chael Sonnen with a guest spot in an It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia ad? Yes please!
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: He had the typical Geno reaction to all the ridiculous end to this past Monday night's football game conclusion:
Russell Wilson: "I knew my guys would make a play." YOU'RE GUYS DIDN'T MAKE A PLAY, YOU FUCK!
- Honorable mention goes to Geno as well. Needless to say, he wasn't a fan of the replacement referees:
The replacements refs don't want to be there anymore. They're trying to get fired by calling games like this. NFL is really stubborn.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: You can never go wrong with Kate Upton
Dumbest comment of the week: I have no idea what pabloXL was going for with his rhymes concerning Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen, but they didn't have much reason.
Get the fuck outta town
Talkin shit, makin me frown
Chael is a pretender a fucking clown
Jons the king wearin the crown
Jones be scurred, is that what you said?
Aw fuck it im done, gotta go buy some bread..
Did the ending make anyone else hungry?
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
If Strikeforce closed its doors tomorrow, would you care?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.