Jun 22, 2012; Atlantic City, NJ, USA; Ring girl Brittney Palmer holds up a sign between rounds during the bout between Ken Stone and Dustin Pague during UFC on FX at Revel Resort and Casino. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-US PRESSWIRE
Welcome, Maniacs, to the thirteenth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: If you make literally laugh out loud, you've earned it. Wooly shambler took the cake yesterday with this gem in my fight preview for the Joseph Benavidez vs. Demetrious Johnson flyweight title fight.
In this fight there's one thing for certain
Somebody will be coming up short.
- Article of the week: I thought Geno brought it this past Sunday with his "UFC should try honesty when promoting Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar" article. Give it a read and see if you agree.
- Statistic of the week: You guys may not be huge fans of boxing coverage, but every time there's a relatively big boxing fight, it dominates our traffic. Other than the landing page for the Mania front page, every single article in the top 10 for hits this week was concering the Chavez Jr. vs Martinez or the Alvarez vs. Lopez boxing bouts.
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: The Pride gets a well-deserved golf clap for his spectacular work this week. All three of his fanposts with extensive breakdowns on Joseph Benavidez, Charles Oliveira and Vitor Belfort.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: Get off Ulf Murphy's lawn! Especially when discussing the female form.
"I was a breast man before every random flat chested girl could buy tits like that. You had to be a knock-out flat-chested braod to get some rich dude to fork over $5k for new tits.
Hell, back in my day, $5k meant something. You could buy a new Mustang with it. Both the car and the horse.
I grew up on Christy Canyon and Tracy Lords ( before she was known to be 15). Women had curves. Not a flat ass and $5k tits.
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!"
- Interview of the Week: My interview with hotshot UFC 152 featherweight prospect Jimy Hettes was one of the most entertaining in quite a long time. If you haven't seen it yet, at least go check out the last half where we talk about his fear of needles and karate chopping pineapples.
- Video of the Week: You can never go wrong with hot girls trying out MMA for the first time
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Geno does not like Cee Lo Green. Not one bit.
"Whose idea was it to let Cee Lo Green do the opening song for Thursday Night Football on NFL Network? Punch that motherfucker in the face."
If Cee Lo saw that tweet, I think he would have replied with this.
- Honorable mention this week goes to Jesse Holland for his vague and passive aggressive threat to one of his former followers
"To the mutinous turncoat who unfollowed me: I know who you are. There will be repercussions."
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Two words: Sofia Vergara
Dumbest comment of the week: Congratulations afk. You definitely earned it.
Jones aint got nothing for Vitor, best he will do is jab and run. Definitely a Jackson game plan
You can hate Jon Jones all you want, but to call him a "jab and run" fighter after finishing all but one of his last four title fights against champions or former champions is just downright silly.
Maniac debate: Here's this week's fresh discussion topic.
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.