June 8, 2012; Sunrise, FL, USA; brittney Palmer holds the round three sign during Bernardo Magalhaes and Henry Martinez's UFC bout at BankAtlantic Center. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE
Welcome, Maniacs, to the twelfth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: When Junior dos Santos got involved in a minor hit and run accident, Swedish Chef smerdy herdy verdy dropped this gem.
"I would've said this Hit-and-Run was the work of Greg Jackson but there was hitting involved."
-Swedish Chef smerdy herdy verdy
- Article of the week: Jesse Holland brought the noise with his beatdown of Dave Bautista. I highly recommend checking this one out.
- Statistic of the week: Believe it or not, with all the craziness this week that happened with UFC 153, one of the most popular articles on Mania was about Stephan Bonnar mentioning he dropped former WWE wrestler Dave Bautista in sparring. Crazy talk.
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: J_M_I Himself gets the nod this week for his article venting his frustrations at current UFC Interim Welterweight Champion Carlos Condit. He's got a point.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Silver-Fox talking about his upcoming welterweight fight is worthy of a look.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one goes to my_crack_itches for his clever one-liner that came out of nowhere.
"I could really use a friend right now. I lost my job this week at the sperm bank, fired for drinking on the job."
- Video of the Week: You can never go wrong with hot girls trying out MMA for the first time
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: He had the typical Geno reaction to his beloved Bears looking God awful in last night's game against the Green Bay Packers.
"Good job, NFL Network. Cut to that fucking RETARD LOVIE SMITH WITH HIS FUCKING RETARD LOOK ON HIS FUCKING RETARD FACE."
Of course, he followed it up about an hour later with:
One of these days, I'm going to snap.
If Geno hasn't snapped yet at the Bears, I'm going to hop in my bomb shelter the day he finally does.
- Honorable mention this week goes to Brent Brookhouse. He may not write for MMAmania, but his rage at the Chicago White Sox was well worth a nomination:
"LEADOFF DOUBLES HAVE TO FUCKING SCORE, ESPECIALLY IN GAMES OF THIS LEVEL OF IMPORTANCE. FUCK FUCK'S FUCKING SAKE"
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: There may not be a bunch of skin, but you can't go wrong with Mila Kunis swallowing her fist
Dumbest comment of the week: Congratulations MMAmmendment. You've been registered one day and have already created considerable "idiot" buzz with your trolling. I'm just going to nominate every comment he made in his short existence.
Hemmi edit: By the time of the publication of this article, MMAmmendment has already been banned and had his comments deleted. That might be a record for a new member that wasn't creating a new account to get around a ban.
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
What do you think can be done (if anything) to stem the ridiculous tide of injuries by MMA fighters?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.