ATLANTA, GA - FEBRUARY 16: UFC President Dana White speaks during a press conference promoting UFC 145: Jones v Evans at Philips Arena on February 16, 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images)
Three weeks removed from the now infamous impromptu conference call that Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White held to inform the mixed martial arts (MMA) community that the promotion would be canceling its first-ever live pay-per-view (PPV) event, the brash head honcho isn't softening his stance or taking back one word.
Sure, White previously stated that maybe his 205-pound champion, Jon Jones, wasn't completely at fault for the events leading up to Zuffa's ultimate executive decision, sending some blame over to Dan Henderson for not informing him about his injury sooner.
Either way, White still doesn't regret anything he said.
During the call, a heated Dana expressed his "disgust" toward Jones and his team, including head trainer, Greg Jackson, for turning down a last-second fight against Chael Sonnen. As a result, the promotion, among others, lost out on millions of dollars for having to scrap the card altogether.
Speaking at today's (Sept. 11, 2012) UFC 152 conference call, White explained the reason he won't eat any of the words he said, stating that he and Jones will talk face-to-face next week in Toronto for the first time since the dramatic scene unfolded.
"One thing you know about me in 12 years, I don't take anything back," White said. "It's not like I wish I can go back and take it back, you know. Jon and I haven't seen each other yet since that whole thing. We'll see each other in Toronto. He and I need to get in a room face-to-face and talk."
White went on to say that even though many people were asking and pleading for a fight with the current light heavyweight champion, Jones, when the time came, no one accepted.
Enter Vitor Belfort, a former Light Heavyweight Champion and current Middleweight contender, who begged to fight Jones, while others turned their backs.
The same way Jones turned his weeks earlier prior to UFC 151. A decision that White clearly still doesn't agree with, but one that he seems prepared to bury when he meets with "Bones" prior to to his main event fight against "The Phenom" at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, on Sept. 22, 2012.
"I've been in this business for 12 years and I've dealt with just about everybody you can deal with," White said. "Good guys, bad guys and Jon Jones isn't a bad guy. So, I don't take anything back of what I said."
At least not for now.