LAS VEGAS, NV - NOVEMBER 30: Ring girl Brittney Palmer arrives at the Fighters Only World Mixed Martial Arts Awards 2011 at the Palms Casino Resort November 30, 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
Welcome, Maniacs, to the tenth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: This is a long one, but it's well worth it. You don't see many comments on Mania getting 'recs' but when UFChamp starting mouthing off about B.J. Penn, Shotokanman dropped a knowledge bomb right on his face and shut him up real quick.
There is no such thing as a fluke. BJ wanted to punch Matt Hughes and then choke him out, and he did. Hughes wasn't struck by a fucking meteor, nor was GSP. You just love saying "Lucky Punch" too, don't you?
Penn's record doesn't fall apart under scrutiny, it just makes you look like a fucking idiot for trying to discredit one of the greatest fighters alive because you SUBJECTIVELY don't like him. There is not ONE OBJECTIVE opinion expressed within your fucking asswipe of a piece.
The only thing you accomplished here is to show that you have been following fighting for about 5 fucking minutes and that any opinion you express from here on out will be met with savage ridicule and derision.
BJ has been scrapping splling motherfuckers blood and putting in the kind of work that would make a fucking whiner like you SCREAM like a little girl and run for your mommy in about 5 minutes, but you think you somehow have the A) writing chops (You DONT) and B) the MMA knowledge (You really DONT) to write some sort of scathing piece on how you DISCOVERED that BJPenn is actually quite over rated.
Like this hasn't been done before, by much smarter, much better, much more informed people than you. Like you didn't see all these opinions and fucking regurgitate them at us here to try and pass them off as your own original thoughts?
You outta be ashamed of yourself. Feel free to keep watching MMA but please don't fucking tell us about it.
- Article of the week: I'll go the typical MMAmania route and give it to Arianny Celeste's sexy photoshoot
- Statistic of the week: Dana White wanted people to quit bitching about UFC 151, so what's the best way to possibly change the subject? I know, let's start a hypothetical scenario that Brock Lesnar was gonna fight Fedor Emelianenko. Ignore the fact that not only are both men retired, but have crazy difficult negotiation tactics. Guess what? It worked like a charm. The article about it was one of our most popular all week with the most comments.
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: All hail the return of OJR's QOTW!
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: While it was almost too over the top, it made me laugh so this week's honorable mention fanpost goes to Roots of Hate: Why UFChump Hates BJ Penn by dh3240
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one goes to ViolentMike for telling it like it is on Jon Jones and him wanting Chael to quit making fun of him.
LOL, if you want Chael to stop picking on you, get in the cage and beat the fuck out of him.
Continuing to hide from him is only going to fuel the fire
- Video of the Week: Wanderlei Silva's last video with his father before the tragic car accident
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: He had the typical Geno reaction to all the insanity that has taken place in the last 24 hours
So football season is almost here. That's about a million times more important than this political bullshit raping my timeline.
- Honorable mention goes to Geno as well. As the football season nears, you'll be seeing more and more of this:
Holy shit, John Edward is still on TV? There are goons who believe his bullshit?
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Going old school
There was support for a new category in here so I present to you: Dumbest comment of the week:
This week's dumbest comment goes to InRainbows, for this puzzling statement
the brain that is earth wants this fight
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
If you were Jon Jones, how would you have handled the UFC 151 debacle?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.