Welcome, Maniacs, to the seventh edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week:This week it goes to Dorian27, who wasn't very happy when Dana White initially announced that the winner of the main event between Mauricio Rua and Brandon Vera would be getting a title shot. We're holding you to your promise, Dorian!
"Is hell freezing over?
No way either gets a title shot. Dana's just trying to hype the main event. If either gets a title shot this year, everyone come to Louisville, KY and drinks are on me all night the day of that fight."
- Sorry folks, no episode of the Mania Martial Arts Podcast this week, but if you didn't get your weekly fill of #GenoTime, you can always listen to the archives right here.
- Article of the week: This one goes to Patrick L. Stumberg for a very entertaining article about the ridiculous controversy going on in Olympic boxing right now with both refereeing and judging. It's well worth a read.
- Statistic of the week: Nick Diaz may not be legally allowed to fight, and there's no proof that he even actually said this other than "manager speak," but every time Cesar Gracie opens up his mouth and talks about the Stockton slugger, you guys absolutely eat it up. It has been noted.
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: Notorious G.I.B. stole the show this week with a wonderful first person account of a boxing competition he had in the past year. This is a solid read.
"Not pictured: Vera's white boxers slowly darkening to brown."
- Patrick L. Stumberg
- Interview of the Week: My interview with Super Fight League promoter Ken Pavia was rock solid. Tough questions were asked. See for yourself.
- Video of the Week: You can't go wrong with Ronda Rousey and latex.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week:
"Ratings for the Olympics are through the roof, which isn't surprising considering how breathtakingly stupid people are."
- Honorable mention goes to our very own Kevin Haggerty, who always brings the funny when Craig Carton of MMA Uncensored Live does anything ever.
"Every time I watch #MMAUncensoredLive, I hope someone will finally paralyze @cc660 with a cinder block. It never happens. Maybe tonight? :)"
"Just in case my last tweet offended anyone, I apologize to cinder blocks, everywhere."
- Obligatory TNA of the Week:
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
What would you do with Nick Diaz once his suspension is up?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.