Welcome, Maniacs, to the tenth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week:This week it goes to RearNakedBloke. In a wild and crazy week which featured the first cancellation of a pay-per-view in UFC history, a good deaf joke from the announcement that Vladimir Matyushenko would be fighting Matt Hamill always lightens the mood.
I heard about this!
Matt Hamill didn't though :(
- Article of the week: Sorry guys, I'm nominating myself for this one. The three UFC 151 undercard fighters sounding off on Jon Jones getting UFC 151 cancelled and delaying their paydays was a big deal and extremely personal and even emotional at times. You should check it out if you haven't already.
- Statistic of the week: While all the UFC 151 drama may be stealing the headlines, the funniest statistic for this week has to be the fact that with Ronda Rousey fighting (and winning handily) this past weekend, our most popular article was one month old which featured some naked pictures of her from her ESPN: The Body issue. Most popular search term? Ronda Rousey Nude.
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: This one goes to rooseveltdunn for his interesting take on lessons to be learned from the UFC 151 Jon Jones fiasco. It's a measured approach that looks at both sides of the equation and how a situation like this can be avoided in the future. Check it out.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: This goes to scarnon for distracting us from an emotional rollercoaster by offering some classic Nick Diaz V.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one gets multiple winners because it was an entire awesome comment chain. It all started with Pimp_man saying no one would call Jon Jones a coward to his face. Our very own Sergio Hernandez responded by saying: "If I saw him, I would. What's he going to do, kill me? Get real." Then Dakatak dropped the hammer:
Why? Are you a telephone pole, or maybe a lamp post?
- Interview of the Week: My interview with Bellator light heavyweight tournament finalist Travis Wiuff part one was rock solid. Stay tuned for part two later today!.
- Video of the Week: LL Cool J takes out a home invader. Pretty badass
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: He had the typical Geno reaction to all the insanity that has taken place in the last 24 hours
What the fucking fuck, man? That's all I can come up with to say to all this. What the fucking fuck?
- Honorable mention goes to our very own Jesse Holland, who showcased his awesome insider knowledge in MMA
Hearing some crazy stuff about UFC 151. I'd check with my sources, except I don't have any. Wanna hear a fart joke instead?
- Obligatory TNA of the Week:
There was support for a new category in here so I present to you: Dumbest comment of the week:
This week's dumbest comment goes to Pimp_man for his odd and strangely worded addition to the UFC 151 undercard fighters article:
I'm glad your done. All your damn whining is annoying. You have a life right? Go live it. Jesus. "Cry me a river."
I've read it 100 times now and I still don't know who or what he was talking about, or why "Cry me a river" was in quotations. Is he a Justin Timberlake fan? The world may never know.
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
Who would have have liked to see Jon Jones fight in the main event of UFC 152 if you had your choice and no one was injured?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.