What do you get when you cross mixed martial arts (MMA) with 80's action stars?
The number one movie at the box office for the weekend of Aug. 17-19, 2012. "The Expendables 2," featuring former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture, debuted in the number one spot with a gross of $28.7 million, according to estimates published on ComingSoon.net.
Good, but not great.
The sequel failed to match the $35 million the original posted in Aug. 2010, despite the addition of karate legend Chuck Norris, as well as more prominent roles for ex-box office juggernauts Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis, who appeared in small cameos the first time out.
See how The Expendables 2 stacked up against the rest of the competition, after the jump.
1. The Expendables 2 ($28.7 Million)
2. The Bourne Legacy ($17 million)
3. ParaNorman ($14 million)
4. The Campaign ($13.4 million)
5. Sparkle ($12 million)
6. The Dark Knight Rises ($11.1 million)
7. The Odd Life of Timothy Green ($10.9 million)
8. Hope Springs ($9.1 million)
9. Diary of a Wimpy Kid ($3.5 million)
10. Total Recall ($3.5 million)
Any Maniacs out there check this one out over the weekend? If so, what did you think? And how did it compare to the original?