Welcome, Maniacs, to the ninth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week:This week it goes to OlsonRy. It was an awful week for Jason "Mayhem" Miller with the whole naked church vandalizing situation, but it spawned some pretty good jokes. I felt this one took the cake.
He was just shooting a new Allstate commercial...
Mayhem is everywhere
- Article of the week: This one goes to Patrick L. Stumberg for interesting take on the perils of not having a fighter's best interests at heart when it comes to cornering.
- Statistic of the week: This week it wasn't about Ronda Rousey, despite her imminent fight. It was all about feuds. What really perked your ears was the back-and-forth between Chael Sonnen and Jon Jones now that the "Gangster from West Lynn, Oregon" is moving up to light heavyweight. Hits out the yin-yang
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: We've got a pair of very cool fanposts which are both deserving of your time. Ulf Murphy wrote an extended essay on defeating tyranny and Swedish Chef for his ridiculously in depth Olympics recap which is so well-formatted that you can help but love it.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one goes to Machiel Van for his awesome quote about Daniel Straus' brass balls.
One day, when people tell the tale of Carlos Condit and how it was smart for him to wait for GSP, I will tell people the story of Daniel Straus, a man who wasn't content to store his balls in his wallet.
- Interview of the Week: My interview with Benson Henderson's head coach John Crouch was pretty cool, primarily because we discussed everything he felt they did both right and wrong in the title fight last weekend..
- Video of the Week: Behind the scenes, Ronda Rousey photoshoot. Need I say more?
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: (He wasn't too happy that Shawn Michaels lost in his Cage Side Seats tournament)
I'm going to play Call of Duty now and kill the fuck out of people to deal with my dream tourney final of Savage vs. HBK going up in smoke.
- Honorable mention goes to our very own Jesse Holland, who ripped on Mania poster Scottidog for spelling "well" like this: WEll
@Scottidog1969 The way you spelled "Well" makes me wanna junk-punch you
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: I <3 Allison Brie
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
With three awesome fights already booked for UFC on Fox 5 (Bendo vs. Diaz, Shogun vs. Gustafsson and Penn vs. Rory), what fourth fight would put it over the top?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.