Show's over. Anderson Silva is pound for pound the best fighter in the world at this particular point in time. Chael Sonnen chokes more than LBJ, Florian and Marquardt combined. And Deuce finally pulled out an amazing score. Jay is so distraught right now. Yes, strange things have happened in MMA, and in our own Money Pool. Let's head straight to the results.
UFC 148 QUICK RESULTS:
Main card (pay-per-view):
205 lbs.: Forrest Griffin def. Tito Ortiz via unanimous decision
185 lbs.: Cung Le def. Patrick Cote via unanimous decision
170 lbs.: Demian Maia def. Dong Hyun Kim via TKO (injury) at 0:47 of round one
145 lbs.: Chad Mendes def. Cody McKenzie via TKO (body punch and hammer fists) at 0:31 of round one
145 lbs.: Mike Easton def. Ivan Menjivar via unanimous decision
Preliminary card (FX Channel):
155 lbs.: Melvin Guillard def. Fabricio Camoes via unanimous decision
155 lbs.: Habib Nurmagomedov def. Gleison Tibau via unanimous decision
Shane Roller def. John Alessio via unanimous decision
Preliminary card (Facebook):
155 lbs.: Rafaello Oliveira def. Yoislandy Izquierdo via unanimous decision
Mania 1 camp:
- An astounding 6 people, yes, 6 human beings actually gave the liar, cheater, real estate scammer, all for show, choker Chael Sonnen the nod to win against the pund-for-pound best MMA fighter in the planet today. Guess what, you have to differentiate comic book-WWE personas from real fighters.
- Again, 6 people gave Jacob Ortiz the nod to defeat Mr. TUF. Although the fight is very much contested with momentum shifting from one side to the other, Jenna
found no energy to finish the porn setran out of gas once again and got defeated. Hall of Fame is well-deserved though for Tito.
- For the third time in a row, 6 people gave Fukuda the nod to win against Full-of-Poo and Costa disappointed their chances by winning a clear unanimous decision against the Japanese.\
- Only 7 people gave Pillow-hands Maia the chance to win against Stun Gun. Fortunately for Maia, an injury to Kim gave him the victory. Props to Maia for winning but I think that was a fluke.
- 15 people were disappointed by the abhorrent judging that showcased itself in the Khabib-Tibau fight. Aggression nowadays win fights?
- There are two individuals who gave Camoes the chance to upset Guillard. The only surprising thing in that contest was how Melvin was not able to finish Camoes.
- 10 people gave John Allessio the nod to beat Shane Roller. You know what despite Roller being at the same level as Jonathan Goulet, Allessio is still worse! I can't believe Pride and unambig gave the guy the nod, he is not good guys.
- 25 people crossed out Cody. Rightfully so, he was fed to the lions in his featherweight debut. He folded like a sack of potato barely less than 1 minute into the fight. the victory proved nothing for Mendes though.
- In the hotbout of the evening, its 14 vs 11 ( very close indded). Hulk vs Wolverine. How cool does that sound. Unfortunately, the comics is much more entertaining as Easton and Menjivar almost fought a chess game.
- 6 people gave Tractor the nod. Well, unlike in the first 3 fights where number 6 loses, this time 6 people made the correct pick as Izquierdo showed nothing about his credentials worthy of still bein in the UFC.
- 22 people sympathized with Jay and thought the Predator will prey upon the 40-year old Vietnamese fighter. Not so fast though. Le played a better all-around game and Cote showed once again how one-dimensional he is. Sorry jay, next time. Probably you can tweet Joe Silva to bring in Terry Martin or Matt Lindland and make any one of then face Cote.
Mania 1 Results:
- Rolandando made his name relevant again in the money pool (and hurting tap snap or bons chances of winning) by taking this event's bacon. He scored an impressive 88 points going 9 out of 11 correct picks and getting full scores on Silva, Griffin, Khabib, Roller and Easton. Keep the winning streak going and you might land in the top 10 Rolandando.
- Never in my Money Pool stay that I imagined typing this but Deuce02 actually scored 86 points. Yes, you're not being Ashton Kutchered here gentlemen and lady, Deuce02, for real, secured the second spot by correctly picking 9 out of 11 fights. Deuce also managed to get full points on Silva, Griffin, Full-of-Poo, Roller and Easton. He was also among those who picked Le to win. Good event Deuce. Keep it up.
- Making an impressive run as of late, GSP's General Yan117 took home third place scoring 83 points and getting 8 out of 11 correct calls. Much more, he got full points on Griffin, Philippou, Guillard, Roller and Easton. 2 strong events in a row and you're a contender Yan117.
The Rest of the scores:
- Ulf and Shiv still holds the 1st and 2nd place respectively.
- Yan is now third displacing Jay, in a Canadian to Canadian crime.
- Yours truly finally gave away the fourth place to jay. Still close though, just separated by a hairline.
- Ricky-Dooby once again beats Violent Mike: How's 5-2 for you VM?
- Pride and unambig have the same picks, well, they go to irrelevance in this pool together.
- Joben went from Rookie of the Year to Mr. Sig of Shame. Rolandando will give you your sig.
- Joben and scarnon were the biggest losers going down 4 notches each.
- Mr. Balboa and Darksider Loonz probably eloped together and is now living life happily ever after as they have not picked for three events now.
The scores after seven (7) events:
|MMA Playground season 13: The 13th Warrior
7 / 10 events complete
- Free tip: Easton is a bum - freenow82
- Haha, we're either going to win together. Or bomb horribly - unambig
Hit it up Maniacs.