May 15, 2012; Fairfax, VA, USA; Brittney Palmer waits for the start of the MacDonald-Lawlor fight during the Korean zombie vs Poirier event at Patriot Center. Mandatory Credit: Rafael Suanes-US PRESSWIRE
Welcome, Maniacs, to the third edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: UFC veteran Vinny Magalhaes lashes out at his one of his critics in his interview article:
As a matter of fact, If I cared about your opinion I'd stay away from the internet, because a lot of people will criticize like you. But I actually enjoy the criticism, after all, even though I will only be known as the guy who knocked out by Ryan Bader, you'll still know me by something, even if negatively. As for you, who are you?
I mean, you could be a doctor, so I might even sound dumb for asking you this... But then I think: A successful Doctor, would probably be doing something else in his life, instead of worry about being negative towards other people's career.
I'm just like you a fan of the sport, but You don't see me saying that this or that fighter sucks. You know why? Because I actually know how hard this sport is, and me posting shit about fighter from behind a keyboard, would make me nothing other than a big pussy... like you...
- If you haven't listened to this past week's episode of the Mania Martial Arts podcast, you should check it out. It seems that Geno and Sergio have really gotten into their MMA talking groove as they previewed UFC 148 (with a cameo appearance from Shivan Tiger and yours truly)..
- Article of the week: This one is going to the entire Legacy of a Legend series from our very own Sergio Hernandez detailing some of the best moments of Anderson Silva's UFC career. Here's part one, part two and part three.
Statistic of the week: It might be UFC 148 tomorrow night and the biggest fight of 2012 between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen, but you crazy bastards just want drama! Our most popular articles of the week featured the feud between Frank Shamrock and Dana White calling each other "douchebag" and "irrelevant." Way to go!
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: This one goes to Shotokanman for his Belated Recon UFC 137 article which is lengthy, in depth and full of a boatload of solid content. Seriously check it out.
- Honorable mention fanposts: Wisetoad's Top 3 Cringeworthy Moments article had some very interesting content (and comments) and you've got to give props to unambig for the insane amount of work and time he put in for his UFC 148 prognostications article. Lastly, props to Lesnar's Striking Coach for the Sig Bets post.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: Fuck you, I'm tooting my own horn because this was funny
Geno's voice sounds like it's raining cocks outside his window
- Mania drama of the week: Motmaire, notably absent. Some love it, a couple hate it.
- Interview of the Week: Part one with elite BJJ practitioner Vinny Magalhaes as he discusses his training with Chael Sonnen in advance of tomorrow night's UFC 148 middleweight title bout. Stay tuned for part two later today!.
If that interview isn't enough for you, we've also got a two-part interview with UFC 148's Ivan Menjivar, an interview with Strikeforce lightweight contender Pat Healy and James Goyder also spoke with OneFC's Babalu Sobral and Ole Laursen.
- Video of the Week: Love him or hate him, this Chael "American Gangster" video is pretty damn funny (or stupid if you're a Chael hater).
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week:
Perhaps I'm getting old and even grumpier than usual but fireworks are annoying and extremely overrated.
- Honorable mention goes to Geno again because the dude just downright brings it on twitter:
Buccigross complimenting Chael Sonnen's hair was totally gay. I know so because he didn't say "no homo" before or after.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week:
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. I thought you guys brought it last week with the MMA judging. Great job! This week's debate topic is in honor of Roger Huerta getting soccer kick KTFO'd at OneFC.
What changes would you like to make to the unified rules of mixed martial arts?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com