Welcome, Maniacs, to the sixth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: I'm taking a more serious tone with the CotW this time around as RJK256 absolutely slayed the Culinary Union for going after Mandy Moore, also calling out their hypocrisy in the process. Good work, sir!
This is a hack job - liking a sport doesn't mean condoning all the actions of its athletes, the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL, every pro-sport has athletes that make poor life choices, they commit crimes and make horrible comments. I am sure that there are members of this culinary union with questionable criminal records.
- If you haven't listened to this past week's episode of the Mania Martial Arts podcast, then you should. They returned after taking last week off....slackers. This was the UFC 149 fall-out show where much crap was talked about the awful pay-per-view main card. It's about the best way to spend an hour possible. They won't be doing it live anymore (unless there is an outcry) but it's always worthy of a listen.
- Article of the week: This one is going to James Goyder for his in-depth piece on how One FC won the war for supremacy in Asian MMA. If you're ever going to read an article about Asian MMA, this is the one. Read this if you want to get knowledge bombed.
- Statistic of the week: You Maniacs love your ladies. When you combine Strikeforce bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and former Baywatch babe and playboy model Carmen Electra, you've got the perfect recipe for one of our most popular articles of the week.
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: Unambig brings it every week and his UFC 149 report card stole the show again.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: dec3ptiKon_ brings the funny during the Mania Martial Arts podcast this week.
I hate it when people at gay sex parties bring up MMA.
- Douchebag of the Week: This one goes to the Culinary Union, for ramping up their attack on the UFC by going after celebrity MMA fan Many Moore. Seriously fuck these guys. What a waste of space in human existence. If this award becomes a regular occurrence, I have a feeling these guys will be bringing home the bacon week in and week out.
- Interview of the Week: Our interview of the week goes to Invicta FC headliner Shayna Baszler, who's one of the best female submission specialists in all of MMA. I highly recommend checking this one out.
If that interview isn't enough for you, we've also got an interview with the other Invicta FC headliner and Olympic silver medalist Sara McMann as well as main card fighter and MMAmania video blogger Kaitlin Young.
- Video of the Week: One of the best put-together video compilations I've ever seen, created with a voice-over from the one and only Chael Sonnen. Seriously, watch this.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week:
"If anyone is promising donations by asking for retweets, you should simply know they're a douche bag and block their stupid ass."
- Honorable mention goes to our very own Kevin Haggerty, who always brings the funny when Craig Carton of MMA Uncensored Live does anything ever.
"Craig Carton starts off #mmauncensoredlive broadcast intimating Nate Quarry and Stefan Bonnar have had sex. Someone please kill him."
- Obligatory TNA of the Week:
- Sig Bet of the Week: Lesnar's Striking Coach absolutely slays Donkey Punch with one of the nastiest sig bets ever. It actually made me cringe. Congratulations. (NSFW although this is MMAmania so who gives a shit)
"By taking Shawn Jordan I admit that I was clearly concieved during a bukakke. After my mom was donkey punched, the abusing fella had picked up DNA from the facial she had just recieved. While being generous to get her off, the facial dna was abosrbed and thus why I was named Donkey Punch"
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. There weren't a ton of comments last week on Anderson Silva's next potential opponent. Hopefully that changes this week with a fresh discussion topic:
What is your all-time "mark out" moment in MMA history? What really got your blood pumping when you saw it happen live whether it was a speech, fight, finish or anything. Let's hear it!
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.