Welcome, Maniacs, to the fifth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: Sorry Jesse, but this burn was just too funny not to give some props. darkside3744 drops the hammer during Holland's appearance on the Mania Martial Arts Podcast this past Saturday night.
Jesse's voice sounds like if someone converted Fitches wrestling into an audio sound
- If you haven't listened to this past week's episode of the Mania Martial Arts podcast, well you can't, because they didn't have one this week....slackers. But they did debut a new post-event segment with their after-hours special following the Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy event. It even had a cameo from our very own Jesse Holland. You should check it out.
- Statistic of the week: Again, you Maniacs love your drama. We've got Strikeforce events, UFC on Fuel TV fallout and a UFC 149 event coming up tomorrow night, but when Chael Sonnen and Rampage Jackson start ripping on each other, you just can't get enough of it.
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: After getting honorable mention like 2-3 weeks in a row, unambig finally takes the top spot with his well-researched UFC 149 predictions and prognostications article.
- Honorable mention fanpost: magicmike delivered some very interesting bonus content with his coverage of a Chris Weidman livechat with fans. This is an excellent read and worthy of five minutes of your time.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one made me cringe and laugh at the same time in the Mania podcast thread. Some solid trash talk.
Shut up joben
Thought you were gone for good, just because you pick the pieces of meat out of your cup noodles and eat 86 cent cans of fuckin tuna fish doesn't make you a vegan you poser!
- MMAmania drama of the Week: You dirty bastards couldn't play nice in Kaitlin Young's video blog and old man Jesse had to clean house.
- Interview of the Week: Our interview of the week goes to UFC welterweight Chris Clements, who really showcased another side of himself this week in advance of his upcoming main card fight against Matt Riddle.
If that interview isn't enough for you, we've also got an interview with UFC 149's Tim Boetsch, debuting Bellator 72 fighter Paul Daley and part one of the always entertaining and revealing Waachiim Spiritwolf.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week:
If you're STILL making puns on Jeremy Lin's name, go fuck yourself in the ass with a gigantic dildo. Chances are, you planned on it anyway.
- Honorable mention goes to our very own Sergio Hernandez, who is always good for some off color humor about completely unrelated topics.
I just listened to MxPx's Punk Rawk Show for the first time in a decade and now all I wanna do is find 16-year-old me and dickpunch him.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week:
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. I thought you guys brought it last week with the discussion of the Greatest of all Time (GOAT). Great job! This week's debate topic is in honor of Anderson Silva:
Of all the middleweights in MMA, who would you like Anderson Silva to fight next? (This is fantasy matchmaking so can include Bellator/Strikeforce or more)
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com