SYDNEY AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 25: Octagon Girls Brittney Palmer learns how to surf at Bondi Beach on February 25 2011 in Sydney Australia. UFC 127 is taking place in Sydney on February 27 2011. (Photo by Ryan Pierse/Getty Images)
Welcome, Maniacs, to the third edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: Mania's resident gangsta chick, sarah-, talking smack in the Money pool results post
well bitches..you ALL lost to a chick..
that's punishment in itself...and phase..my man couldn't care less about the money pool or picking fights and especially mania..he just rolls his eyes at me at tells me i am wasting my fucking time on this site...so yeah..he had nothing to do with this score..(so it must have been ulf) but whatever makes you guys feel better about it...this is my own nerdy world and you guys are in it..and i'd like to thank yan for not making picks and for predicting the future of me being in the top ten at the very least.. i am just at a loss for what to give scar for his sig...my first one to give to anyone
- If you haven't listened to this past week's episode of the Mania Martial Arts podcast, you should check it out. It seems that Geno and Sergio have really gotten into their MMA talking groove as they recapped UFC 148 (with a cameo appearance from yours truly talking everything from Ronda Rousey to amputees).
- Article of the week: This one is going to Patrick L Strumberg for his terrific scouting report article on searching for the next Fedor Emelianenko and how Bellator is loading up on all the best Russian talent in mixed martial arts.
- Statistic of the week: We may have had a huge UFC 148 and UFC on Fuel TV 4 event this week, but when Ronda Rousey decided to take her clothes off, that seems to be what moved the needle the most. Both posts were some of our biggest winners of the week.
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: This one goes to Phasebook for his incredibly detailed and well-written MMAmania Money Pool results post for UFC on Fuel TV 5 fallout.
- Honorable mention fanposts: It may not be MMA, but CharacterAnalysis has an awesome post on one of the most interesting and exciting boxers of all time, Arturo Gatti. You've got to give props to unambig for the insane amount of work and time he put in for his UFC 148 report card and UFC on Fuel TV 4 report card. Lastly, props to Lesnar's Striking Coach for his "What's next for Anderson Silva" post.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one made me cringe and laugh at the same time in the Mania podcast thread
Ever had a blowjob from a chick with cerebral palsy?
- Mania drama of the week: We'll see ya in a month Oilcheck....no squelching!.
- Interview of the Week:This one is getting a co-interview of the week, both part one and part two of our immediate post-event interviews with Chael Sonnen's UFC 148 training camp coach Neil Melanson were some of the most revealing and interesting interviews we've had on the site.
If that interview isn't enough for you, we've also got an interview with UFC on FUEL TV 4 flyweight Chris Cariaso, and Adam Guillen got some quotes in Las Vegas from Frank Mir and current UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week:
Sources tell me there's a LOT more to the Chael Sonnen appeal story. I will NOT, in fact, be reporting it to you. Because fuck you guys.
- Honorable mention goes to our very own Kevin Haggerty who brought out the funny during the UFC on FUEL TV 4 weigh-ins:
Ha! Jay Glazer correcting @Sonnench on how to say someone's name is the EPITOME of the pot calling the kettle black!
- Obligatory TNA of the Week:
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. I thought you guys brought it last week with the changes to the unified rules. Great job! This week's debate topic is in honor of Anderson Silva.
Who is the GOAT? (Greatest of all time?)
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com