There we have it. A new legitimate threat to , arguably, the Greatest Mixed Martial Artist to have walked on the face of this Earth, and reigning pound-for pound greatest MMA fighter on the planet. Chris Weidman showed that the hype behind him is as real as it gets.
For Muñoz, I am still proud of him for what he has done to the sport of MMA, especially how he represented the Philippines in the sport. He will be back, but I doubt if he contends again. Well, you just have to accept that sometimes you cannot get everything that you want.
For our own money pool, Yan117 was perhaps busy trying to get off GSP's nuts that he wasn't able to get his picks on time. Fatal and costly mistake there Yan. And since Jay choked for this event, the third spot was given to yours truly on a silver platter. Ulf and Shivan still has the top spot though, although this time Shiv is ahead with 9 points. Still very close and tight race.
Let's head to the results:
- 8 people in our camp believed more than the Filipino himself that he will defeat the New Yorker while 16 people thought Weidman's hype is as real as unambig's sucking at fight picking. Turned out Weidman is legit. I want him to fight either Bisping or Brian Stann though before he faces Anderson Silva.
- Good for the camp that no one picked Lee. Dillashaw's wrestling proved too much for the Birmingham native as he was choked just in the first round.
- 6 people were still living off that Tamura knock out of the Mongolian Wolf that's why they picked Issei to win against a douche like Assuncao. 17 people were laughing in the end as Assuncao knocked out Tamura in the second round.
- I hope all the 23 people who picked Cariaso to win did so by unanimous decision. Cariaso, if he wins, grinds out a decision. Unambig, listen bro. That's a gem for you there. Good for the cap also that nada picked Taz to win. Well, I guess even Ferguson did not give himself any chance of winning.
- The Sapo-Craig fight is where the fight camp is divided. 11 people picked Natal while 12 people picked Craig. This should have been the Hot Bout to be honest with you.
- 4 people gave Njokuani a chance to win. Nope, Dos Anjos is a more complete fighter and he showed his all-around game during the fight to the expense of the Assassin hired by 4 Maniacs.
- 10 people gave the Angel of Death the nod to beat Bruce Leroy. I thought this was a gift to Page for stepping up against Bowles and Pickett. I was dead wrong together with the other 9 individuals here on the camp. To the expense of losing another sig bet, Bruce Leroy showed much improvement in the fight.
- I don't know who is that one single Maniac who gave Kenny Robertson the nod to beat the A-Train. I hope it's not you unambig or Deuce?
- To be honest with you, I am not sure why PG gave the hot bout to the Vemola-Carmont fight. Clearly, in our camp, 18 people favored the French to win. And win he did in an impressive fashion. He showed very good striking and displayed an excellent ground game especially from the bottom. Rare for a French, to be honest with you.
- I am not surprised that James Te Huna won, what I am quite surprised at is that one individual from our camp gave Beltran the nod. Come on. We all know Beltran was summoned to be fed to the Wolf. I hope that after the fight, that shit talk that scarnon and Stallion started about how Te Huna will demolish Vera will be put off. Te Huna has 1 and a half round cardio and will be picked apart by Brandon. Please!
- For the last fight, let unambig summarize that for you. " When Daniel "Hot Garbage" Stittgen lost to Steve Thompson via headkick KO, I figured we'd found the worst fighter in the UFC. Not so. Marcelo Guimaraes has probably taken that crown, even though he inexplicably got the nod from the judges for awkwardly dry humping Stittgen against the fence with 30 seconds left, screaming like a man who got his balls caught in his zipper." Yeah, unambig 6 people from our camp gave Hot Garbage the victory. BS, I would say.
- At the risk of getting my head put into guillotine, I have to say that I hate losing to a girl. But for this event, lost we did to a girl (cougar to be exact). Sarah (her husband picking for her, notwithstanding) won this event with an amazing score of 82 points. Fantastic showing sarah. How did sarah (or her husband) did this amazing feat? She picked an impressive, albeit historical 11 out of 11 correct picks. She also got full points on Cariaso, Simpson and Dos Anjos. Way to go and crack into the Top 10 sarah. Kisses for you.
- Second place for the event is the guy that Pride copied his picks from: goldmouth. He made his presence felt in this money pool by scoring a very good score of 77 points. Mr. 24k did it by getting 10 out of 11 correct picks. He only missed the call on Tamura but he went money-cashing by getting full points on Cariaso, Simpson and Dillashaw. Congratulations homeboy.
- Third (and arguably second) is fellow Darksider and suddenly-rejuvenated Jido7. He banked in 77 points for this event. going 10 out of 11 correct picks only missing the call on Muñoz. Good to go DetroitDrew protege.
- A lot of people forgot to lock their picks and it caused them big time. Yes, Yan, I am talking to you.
- Bottom-dweller of the event: Yes we all know scarnon is in Australia, but what we don't know is why he picked Muñoz by decision and why he only picked the name of Dillashaw without any methods. Scar, I thought you picking Sonnen is the lowest you could go, but scoring 5 points in a money pool???? Come on. Sarah will give you your sig.
- The Beerman took back the number one spot but is just 9 points away from Clint.
- Ulf fell back to second place with a 58-point showing.
- With Yan not picking and jay not being able to correctly pick winners consistently, yours truly secured the third spot with two more events.
- Ricky dooby even outplaced jay.
- Yan is the biggest fell down this event falling down 11 notches from 3 to 14, whoa! that;s historical right there.
- scarnon and wydeman99 are the second next falldown from the heavens as he dropped by 4 notches.
- sarah went up five notches. Impressive.
- Goldmouth and Jido also went up impressively, 3 notches.
- It is still everybody's ball game at this point in time so hold your breaths and pick carefully and consistently.
|MMA Playground season 13: The 13th Warrior
8 / 10 events complete
Maniacs by the Books:
- Brad Pickett is good. This fight is a gift - Ulf Murphy
- WTF Pride. You been in my pg account copying my picks. We will both score well tomorrow. - goldmouth
- I also picked tamura in the pool but id b a fool to bet on that - The Pride
- don't doubt the anvil! - wydeman99
- Caceres wins against guys that are barely UFC caliber. Page lost to 3 top 10 guys. I don’t get all the Caceras love. He has no power, is very hittable and has questionable takedowns. He is the perfect guy to get Page back on track. - Ulf Murphy
- Weidman beat someone down? Dubs always has the funniest one liners…. - ViolentMike
- So again, we’re either going to dominate the charts, or more likely we’re going to shit the bed into last place. - unambig
- Tamura looked fantastic in his last fight. Assuncao’s hope is to get it to the ground, but so was Zhang’s. It’s a long-shot, but worth it. I just pray he doesn’t suffer from Japanese jet lag. - unambig
Hit it up Maniacs!