Welcome, Maniacs, to the second edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: (best reaction to an insult)
Thanks for the fan fiction tribute.
I'm flattered by the time you put into this.
Hopefully you and other Maniacs will do more of these, thus building the Blackfly brand.
- If you haven't listened to this past week's episode of the Mania Martial Arts podcast, what the hell are you doing still reading this article? Go listen to it right now! There was some serious Geno rage this week and even an appearance from banned commenter BodyPunch.
- Article of the week: This week is a tie. Both Geno and Tom wrote some great articles about how lousy the projections for this weekend are in terms of MMA and ratings. I highly recommend you check them both out.
- Random statistic of the week: Our most popular article was Geno's "Doom and Gloom" article about his projections for failure this weekend. Congrats Geno!
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: Honkleton7 killed it with his very educational "Judo, the underutilized art in MMA." I highly recommend you check it out. James Goyder's muay thai elbow wars was a close second.
- Honorable mention comment of the week (most ambitious)
All I know is that all women are secretly lesbians and want their husbands to be a in threesome with them and another chick
- Most controversial fanpost: I think you guys all know which one this was as it spawned this reaction from our very own Jesse Holland. That, and the fact that the fanpost no longer exists. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, that's probably a good thing.
- Interview of the Week: Exclusive catching up with former UFC 205 pound champion Rampage Jackson
If that interview isn't enough for you, we've also got exclusives with UFC on FX 4 welterweight T.J. Waldburger, bantamweight Dustin Pague and lightweight newcomer C.J. Keith. That's not all. We also spoke with former UFC middleweight Jorge Santiago, flyweight Danny Martinez, Bellator welterweight Waachiim Spiritwolf and Bellator light heavyweight tournament fighter Travis Wiuff.
- Video of the Week: The final knockout by Fedor Emelianenko
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week (he was rather tame this time around):
The fuck is this obsession with taking pictures of your meals and tweeting it to people? Fuck you
- Honorable mention goes to our very own Jesse Holland, describing Mick Foley's appearance on WWE Raw:
Mick Foley is one dog bite away from becoming Mason Verger. Yikes. #wwe #raw
- Obligatory TNA of the Week:
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. While no one took me up on it last week, I'll try one more time this week. If there's no debate, then we'll scrap this.
What would you do to help fix judging in MMA?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com