Martin Kampmann showed why he was the "Comeback Kid" and a good story for Michael Chiesa climaxed with his submission of Iaquinta. This was an event that "everybody" expected (please see unambig's post) to shit the bed and it turned out to be a great card with only 2 decisions and 8 finishes.
Let's head quickly to the results:
TUF 15 LIVE FINALE QUICK RESULTS:
170 lbs.: Martin Kampmann def. Jake Ellenberger via knockout (knee and punches) at 1:40 of round two
Main Card (FX Channel):
155 lbs.: Michael Chiesa def. Al Iaquinta via technical submission (rear naked choke) at 2:47 of round one
145 lbs.: Charles Oliveira def. Jonathan Brookins via submission (guillotine) at 2:42 of round two
145 lbs.: Max Holloway def. Pat Schilling via unanimous decision
155 lbs.: Justin Lawrence def. John Cofer via knockout (head kick) at 0:19 of round three
"Prelims" Card (FUEL TV):
155 lbs.: Daron Cruickshank def. Chris Tickle via unanimous decision
155 lbs.: Myles Jury def. Chris Saunders via submission (guillotine) at 4:03 of round one
155 lbs.: Sam Sicilia def. Cristiano Marcello via TKO (strikes) at 2:53 of round two
155 lbs.: Joe Proctor def. Jeremy Larsen via TKO (knee to the head, hammerfists) at 1:59 of round one
"Prelims" Card (Facebook):
- Only 8 people in our camp gave The Dane a winning chance against Lord Voldemort. Turned out Kampmann did a Harry Potter comeback and knocked out Ellenberger in round two. The Comeback Kid is a fitting name for Kampmann as he has snatched victories in the hands of defeat for two consecutive fights now. Can he do it against The Beard? Let's see.
- 15 people in the camp believed that a good fighter wins against a good story. Turned out, the story for Michael Chiesa has turned out to be better than expected by 15 people. Iaquinta fought tougher competition inside the house and it may have taken its toll in his body as he was immediately choked by the Maverick.Propos to Iaquinta for winning both the knockout of the season and fight of the season but the snight belonged to Chiesa. Cool story Chiesa and we hope he is not just another TUF winner.
- 8 people were fooled by the monicker Thrilling. Turned out the only thing thrilling about Pat tonight was the many times he would have been knocked out and Shivan Tiger's 22 points disappearing. Turned out Shivan and the rest of the 16 people were "Blessed" that they picked the 20 year old to win.
- Only 5 people actually understood what "El Goyito" means. Albert should be able to bag the fight because Goyito fought in short notice. Turned out Albert is a scrub and was submitted in the 1st round.
- There were 2 people who probably watched the wrong season of TUF because we all knew and saw how Larsen will have 0 chances to win against a tough guy like Proctor. What is surprising is that we all knew Larsen will be submitted and Proctor knocked him out instead.
- Cristiano Marcelo might be a very good teacher but as the old adage says, "those who can't do it teach instead." I am quite surprised that Marcelo has trained Shogun and Wanderlei in their striking and yet Marcello strikes like he was a flag pole. 7 people thought he will use his jiu jiutsu skills and submit Sicilla, well probably next time someone will submit Sicilla but not Marcelo.
- Chris Tickle probably is the worst fighter in the season and we all know he won't win against Joe the Plumber. But then, 5 people from our camp had the temerity to pick him. Come on guys, I don't know if it's just pure greed on your part or you just don't know who knows how to fight or not.
- The American Kid showed why he was Cruz's first pick in the season by showcasing his kickboxing and putting the powerful wrestler John Cofer to sleep with that well-timed kick that nets him $80k for the night.
- Miles Jury was picked by 19 people in the camp and he did showcase how good he was submitting Saunders and smashing the chances of 5 people who thought there will be an upset.
- Speaking of TUF winners, Brookins was believed by 10 people in the camp to have the upper hand as far as wrestling is concerned. He will surely get a decision by grinding out Oliveira and Brookins has never been submitted. 15 people said wrong and Oliveira backed them up by submitting Brookins with a nasty guillotine choke that started from a D'Arce hold in the second round. Props to Oliveira's corner for bringing out quote of the night. " He has no hands, don't brawl with him."
Mania 1 Event 4 scores:
- You have to give it to the Beer Man. Not only does he put up good posts about Geno Mrosko's least favorite subject, he also got a new job which will prevent him from being a resident of Mania. And probably the best complement for Shivan Tiger is the fact that he knows how to pick winners, round and methods so flawlessly he will make Britney Palmer's skin look like Gregg Popovich's face. Once again our dear beer enthusiast won the 4th event and gained notoriety for placing 4th in the pecking order of MMA Playground. How did Shivan do it? He scored a whopping 86 points going 9 out of 10. He scored perfectly for Holloway, Perez, Cruickshank, and Jury. Shivan only missed the Chiesa call when he picked Iaquinta to win the decision. Good job Shivan.
- Mania's Clint Eastwood gets second place as he scored 74 points going 7 of 10 but getting perfect calls on Holloway, Cruickshank, Jury and Oliveira. Ulf not only placed second, he also solidified his place in the much-vaunted top 5 of the Mania Money Pool. Ulf is surely enjoying the ride in his Gran Torino right now.
- Money Pool Commissioner and perhaps the only member of Patrick Cote's fan club brought home the proverbial third place bacon for this event as he scored 68 points going 7 of 10 but getting perfect calls on Chiesa, Holloway and Cruickshank. I am not sure how you outscored me Jay considering you picked Marcello to submit Sicilla in round 2. Come on Jay, Cote might have a puncher's chance against Hollywood's own but everyone knew Marcello will be sleeping come fight time.
The rest of the scores:
Sig of Shame Award:
- For two consecutive events now, Deuce02 will recive this award. He went 4 out of 10 ands scored a measly 28 points by getting the full points on Sicilla, correct winner picks on Jury and Lawrence (who doesn't?) and 7 points for Oliveira. Come on Deuce you have to step it up. You have been calling fights correctly for your Backyard Brawls, you have to make the correct picks where they matter. Shivan will have the chance to abuse your signature until the next event.
The Scores After 4 events:
- The Beer Man continues to lead the pack with 291 points.
- Clint is second with 269 points
- Cote is third with 267 points
|MMA Playground season 13: The 13th Warrior
4 / 10 events complete
|1||291||ShivanTiger||(select event)UFC ON FOX 3UFC on FUEL 3UFC 146 : DOS SANTOS vs MIRTUF Live Finale 1UFC on FX 3UFC on FX 4: Guida vs. MaynardUFC 147UFC 148: SILVA VS SONNEN 2UFC ON FUEL 4UFC 149|
|2||269||Ulf_Murphy||(select event)UFC ON FOX 3UFC on FUEL 3UFC 146 : DOS SANTOS vs MIRTUF Live Finale 1UFC on FX 3UFC on FX 4: Guida vs. MaynardUFC 147UFC 148: SILVA VS SONNEN 2UFC ON FUEL 4UFC 149|
|3||267||jayw27||(select event)UFC ON FOX 3UFC on FUEL 3UFC 146 : DOS SANTOS vs MIRTUF Live Finale 1UFC on FX 3UFC on FX 4: Guida vs. MaynardUFC 147UFC 148: SILVA VS SONNEN 2UFC ON FUEL 4UFC 149|
- Recruitment is now on for the next season of the Mania Money Pool.
- You have to email our Commissioner Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- Why should you join? Well, first it will show that you have balls to compete and second with only $20 you get the chance to talk smack with your fellow poolers and you get the chance to win prizes.
- 1st place: $320, 2nd place is $160 and third placer gets $80
- Rather than bet on single events, why not join us and get the most value out of your hard earned money?
- I expect you to email Jay. Or else.
- Event 1: unambig
- Event 2: Shivan Tiger
- Event 3: ricky dooby
- Event 4: Shivan Tiger
Maniacs By the Books:
- your picks suck, you should have watched the season. i did. be afraid – The Pride
Hit it up Maniacs.