Welcome, Maniacs, to the inaugural edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week (we might actually just have the comment of the century):
- Geno Mrosko
Context: Geno was so confident that Anderson Silva will stop Chael Sonnen in the first round that he promised to do something crazy (that the Maniacs agree to) on this week's edition of MMAmania Radio. Kevin was an OG Maniac who has been banned for nearly two years now and is still referenced in signatures and comments. Granted, our Dear Leader Mr. Myers shut down the idea, but it's still pretty hilarious.
- Speaking of MMAmania Radio, if you haven't listened to this past week's episode of the Mania Martial Arts podcast, what the hell are you doing still reading this article? Go listen to it right now!
- Also, shameless plug. I reviewed Chael Sonnen's new book "The Voice of Reason: A VIP Pass to Enlightenment" this past Tuesday. Want to see if it's worthy of your hard-earned cash? Go see what I had to say.
- Random MMAmania Statistic of the Week: Our top 20 most popular links this past week were ALL Manny Pacquiao related. All 20. Also, this past weekend was our most heavily trafficked weekend in MMAmania history. Perhaps now you understand why we wrote so many articles about it on Sunday?
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: You can't go wrong with The Pride's 'MMAmania Wants You... To Humiliate Geno' article. That post had some of the best comments of the week as well. Here are a few honorable mentions (at least that I noticed)
- Blackfly Comic of the Week (Just kidding!)
- Interview of the Week: Exclusive post-fight with UFC on FX 3 "Fight of the Night" winner Eddie Wineland
If that interview isn't enough for you, we've also got exclusives with Bellator season six lightweight tournament winner Rick Hawn, The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Live participant Myles Jury, debuting UFC on FX 4 lightweight C.J. Keith and don't forget James Goyder's interview with OneFC's Andrew Leone.
- Honorable mention for best comments of the week:
"A book by Chael Sonnen ?? Would rather listen to a Matt Hammill remake of Songs in the key of Life."
The following quote was one of the most popular suggestions for humiliating Geno:
- Video of the Week: Anderson Silva's "Michael Jackson"-themed photoshoot for Rolling Stone Brazil
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS. Here's my debut of the #GenoTime Tweet of the Week (he was rather tame this time around):
- Honorable mention goes to our very own Kevin Haggerty:
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: (from the Friday Fun Thread)
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. For the first one, we'll keep it in the comments here (and this was shamelessly stolen from Mot's post in the "Calling All Maniacs" fanpost):
Is Testosterone Replacement Therapy cheating, even if you have a Theraputic Use Exemption?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com