May 26, 2012; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Cain Velasquez before his fight against Antonio Silva (not pictured) at the MGM Grand Garden event center. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-US PRESSWIRE
Earlier this week, "Cigano" coach Yuri Carlton said the highly-anticipated rematch between Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez for the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight title was "unrealistic" for UFC 152 on Sept. 22, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, as originally reported.
Not everyone agrees.
American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) head coach Javier Mendez told MMA Fighting that Velasquez was uninjured following his technical knockout (TKO) win over Strikeforce import Antonio Silva during the UFC 146 pay-per-view (PPV) event last month in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"We're looking at Sept. 22 as fight day."
While nothing is official at this time, it should come as a sigh of releif to Velasquez fans, who want to see the fomer titleholder get another crack at the crown following his 64-second loss to the heavy-handed Brazilian at the UFC on FOX event last November.
All we can do now is wait.