That's according to "Shogun's" manager, Julio Heller, who today told Guilherme Cruz that online reports of Thiago Silva being injured and off the UFC 149 fight card were not even official to their knowledge.
Tatame.com has it:
TATAME called Rua’s manager, Julio Heller, who guaranteed they never turned down a fight with Teixeira. In fact, Silva’s injury is not official to them yet.
"I just sent a message to the UFC. I’m waiting for their call", Heller said. "(Turning down a fight with Glover) it’s not true at all."
Julio said they’ll wait for the UFC before making further comments, and the decision to fight Glover, or any other opponent, is in Shogun and his coach Andre Dida’s hands.
Let the speculation begin.
Silva was forced to withdraw from the UFC 149: "Aldo vs. Koch" pay-per-view (PPV) event, scheduled for July 21, 2012 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, after re-injuring his back in training camp, according to a report from MMA Fighting.
"Hopefully not long," Lambert said in response to how long Silva will be sidelined for, "but no way he could prepare for Shogun."
In case you were wondering, it is indeed the same back injury that led to last year's drug suspension.