My birthday is coming up, Maniacs, and I'm currently accepting offers to be wined and dined (sorry, no 69). First up on the Nostradumbass wish list is the kind of burger you can't get on the backyard grill.
From the Daily News:
A New York City tourist landmark has created the most expensive burger in the world, with a price tag of $295.
Serendipity 3, a Manhattan café that played a starring role in the 2001 Hollywood rom-com Serendipity and is also home to the $1,000-dollar sundae, has created Le Burger Extravagant, a luxurious sandwich filled with a laundry list of premium ingredients that includes:
- Wagyu beef infused with 10-herb white truffle butter
- Salish Alderwood smoked Pacific sea salt
- hand-formed cheddar cheese that's been cave-aged for 18 months
- shaved black truffles
- fried quail egg
- white truffle-buttered Campagna roll
- blini, crème fraiche
- Kaluga caviar, farm-raised in Quzhou, China
- all speared with a solid gold ‘Fleur de Lis' toothpick encrusted with diamonds and designed by jeweler Euphoria New York
They need 48 hours notice (so do I) so please plan accordingly.