Phase's By The Books:
- No surprises here. It was a given fact that Junior Dos Santos will knockout Frank Mir in the same manner that a White Guy With Guitar will win the American Idol.
- Cain Velasquez looked ready to regain his belt back. Cain is the closest threat to dethroning Cigano and his performance against Big Foot solidified that.
- Peewee Herman should be cut for getting caught with that right hand that you can see even from a mile away. Ulf said he had some concerns with Peewee's cardio, well Roy made sure he will never problematize with that.
- Technique beats power 9 out of 10 times. Make it 11 out of 10 if you're fighting Lavar Johnson
- Shane Del Rosario looked promising but he has to work on his cardio and wrestling. Him and Gonzaga should duke it out.
- The same chance as Jessica Sanchez was given to Jamie Varner of defeating the Barboza wreck train. But unlike Jessica, Varner actually exposed the Brazilian's wrestling and chin flaws. Congrats Jamie, I am not sure why people are booing him, the guy gives good fights.
- Cardinal rule: Never bet on Jason Miller again. Never.
- Dan Hardy remained an employee of Zuffa. He will start getting 0-4 again. Believe me.
- What did I tell you about the Sassangle showing up on Sunday? It did.
Mania Fight Camp:
- Despite everyone knowing that Mir is getting knocked out, 1 member of the camp still picked him. That's shameful.
- 20 people were duped by Mayhem's Chimpanzees.
- 17 people did not believe in Dan Hardy, 10 people laughed after the Outlaw knocked out Bang.
- 10 people believed in my prediction that the Sassangle will show up and it did. Unfortunately for me, I did not believe my own prediction.
- 3 people believed Elkins has a chance.
- 4 people gave Kingsbury's wrestling a chance to win over a newcomer.
- 16 people thought Mike Brown is too old.
- Despite being a common knowledge that Cain will obliterate Big Foot, 1 guy (or girl?) from the camp still picked Big Foot. Come on son!
- 8 people believed Del Rosario will win his debut.
- 7 people actually had the nerve to pick Peewee.
- 0 as in Nada picked Varner to win. He proved us all wrong.
- 6 people got 0 for the Hot Bout.
Mania 1 Scores:
- Ricky Dooby/sticky fingers has been on a roll in this pool and this event he showcased his stellar picking abilities scoring 80 points getting 9 out of 12 correct picks (JDS, Hardy, Sass, Texeira, Brown, Velasquez, Miocic, Nelson and Struve). It helped Dooby's case that he/she scored perfectly on the hot bout. Our dear got perfect points on Hardy and Brown. Way to go Doobs.
- Joben , who declared in one thread that he is not good with the money pool picking, proved himself wrong for this event. He tied Doobs with 80 points. Our candidate fore Rookie of the Year only managed to pick 7 out of 12 fights correct but he got five things that helped his case: Full points on JDS, Elkins, Velasquez, Miocic and Struve. Congratulations Joben.
- Mania's OG Ulf_Murphy placed third for this event and is just 1 point shy of also being in the top.Murph got 9 out of 12 fights correct and he got full points on Struve, Miocic, Brown and Dolloway.
Bottom Dweller of the Event Award:
- Johnny WF should get this award but he only picked two fights. This award now rightfully belongs to Deuce02, who despite picking all fights, managed to just pick 5 out of 12 correctly. He scored a measly 31 points and will get a sig from sticky fingers/Ricky dooby.Make it good on him Doobs!
The rest of the scores:
The Rankings After Three (3) Events:
- We have a new leader on top as Ricky-Dooby managed to get past the Beerman. Three points is nothing though as we still have 7 more events (4 of which will be in June!)
- ShivanTiger, despite managing just 55 points for event 3, is just a 3 point- basket behind Ricky Doobs. Good luck with the new job Shivan. I hope you can still bless us with your humor.
- Commissioner Jay is still third and is consistently getting high scores. You probably got your swagger back Commish!
- It is a very close race for the top 10 and those placed 11 below still have their chances.
MMA Playground season 13: The 13th Warrior
3 / 10 events complete
|1||208||ricky-dooby||(select event)UFC ON FOX 3UFC on FUEL 3UFC 146 : DOS SANTOS vs MIRTUF Live Finale 1UFC on FX 3UFC on FX 4: Guida vs. MaynardUFC 147UFC 148: SILVA VS SONNEN 2UFC ON FUEL 4UFC 149|
|2||205||ShivanTiger||(select event)UFC ON FOX 3UFC on FUEL 3UFC 146 : DOS SANTOS vs MIRTUF Live Finale 1UFC on FX 3UFC on FX 4: Guida vs. MaynardUFC 147UFC 148: SILVA VS SONNEN 2UFC ON FUEL 4UFC 149|
|3||199||jayw27||(select event)UFC ON FOX 3UFC on FUEL 3UFC 146 : DOS SANTOS vs MIRTUF Live Finale 1UFC on FX 3UFC on FX 4: Guida vs. MaynardUFC 147UFC 148: SILVA VS SONNEN 2UFC ON FUEL 4UFC 149|
Event Winners ( I know you won't be paid but you need to be advertised guys):
- Event 1: unambig
- Event 2: Shivan Tiger
- Event 3: Ricky Dooby
Maniacs By The Books:
- Pineda is going to light Brown up on the feet in the first, take him down in the second, and then get the "uncle" tap. - unambig
- Barboza will lay a smackdown on Varner that should make his return to the UFC brief. - unambig
- Finally, a can for Big Country to crush. After Peewee's last mediocre performance, I don't see how Nelson can lose this. He can land the big shots, take Herman down, and pound him out. This fight shouldn't last long, even if Herman plays keepaway tag for a while. - unambig
- elkins is ass. his best win is over tiequan and he robbed omigawa. – The Pride
- and what the fuck has Brandao done? he got a hail mary arm bar against a guy that was coming off of two consecutive losses and who looked like complete ass in his last fight against an extremely average scarecrow. Elkins has fought much better competition and only has two career losses. – Shivan Tiger
- Brandao will put elkins on his ass with mere pressure... elkins has little to no chance - scarnon
I will leave the discussions to you Maniacs!