Recently it has been slow when it comes to mma news. You can only talk so much about what size diaper should Rampage be wearing, or can a woman really beat up a metro sexual man, or even how freaking greedy Dana is about his $.
I don't know about you guys, but i mainly become informed someone has been given the pink slip form the ufc is when i see an mma website post an article about a ufc fighter fighting some unknow in some 2nd rate mma organization. Afterwards i usually find myself saying "He was cut?".
I decided to look up the ufc roster, and came up with a list of current fighters that are in desperate need of a win in the ufc, or else they are looking at a serious pay cut for a while.
This the list a came up with after the jump
1) Big Country: We all love Big Country. He is one of "us". It still amazes me he is even a professional athlete until of course he lands that big right hand of his on someones skull. That been said Big Country is not on Dana "Best Friend 4 Ever" list. Dana constantly is ranting on and on about Roy cutting weight, and fighting at 205. Big Country is 3-5 in his last 8 fights. Another loss would make him 3-6..... Big Country can't look like a fat guy that gassed vs Big Foot or else we might be seen him on his way out.
2) Morecraft: He is 1-3 in the UFC with his only win coming from McCorkle, and yeah all his loses have been by KO. I think is safe to say he has a glass chin. I have no idea who his next opponent is, but it could be Oli Thompson or Rob Broughton.
3) Rob Broughton: His only UFC win was against Queiroz. Who? Idk either, but i could see Rob Broughton vs Morecraft in a loser gets a pink slip fight.
4) Ben Rothwell: I wouldn't have put him on the list, but his cardio is horrible. He actually looks like a zombie fighting in the cage after the first round. In addition, Rothwell is getting paid 50,000 g just to show. We have yet to see anything from him. If he loses again in a "uneventful fight" I see the UFC releasing him.
5) Ednaldo Oliveira: He just looked horrible against Gonzaga. Goes to show just because u train with the best don't mean ur any good.
1) Tito Ortiz: 1-6-1 in his last 8 fights. Enough said.
3) Aaron Rosa: I like the guy because he brings it, but seems he is out his league in the ufc. His one win in the ufc is vs a guy that don't even have a wiki page.
1) Jason MacDonald: He looked really bad against Belcher. Completely outclassed. his next opponent is Tom Lawlor a fighter that is 1-3 in his 4 fights. A loss against Tom could be the end of MacDonald.
2) Dan Miller: I hate 2 put him on the list, but his performance in the octagon has been subpar. He is 2-5 in his last 7 fights in the ufc.
4) C.B: Dollaway has suffer back to back ko losses. If he loses to Miller in devastating fashion i can see him getting the pink slip, especially after Mayhem last performance.
5) Luiz Cane: I like the guy, but his chin is ruining his career. All his losses in the ufc have come via KO, and he is 1-3 in his last 4 fights. Hopefully this move to 185 will save his career.
6) Tom Lawler: He has impressive wins in the UFC, but lately his record is 1-3 in his last 4 fights. He is fighting MacDonald who is also struggling. This fight is a loser go home, and winner stays in the ufc.
7) Mike Massenzio: is 2-4 in the UFC, and 1-2 in his last 3 fights. He just loss 2 Paul Harris in 1 minute. Another loss and we will probably see him out the UFC.
8) Tim Credeur: 0-2 in his last 2 fights. He been taking huge breaks in between fights.
9) Jason Miller: Dana has made it clear he did not like Mayhem performance. Mayhem had to get the fans to beg uncle Dana for another fight. This is a must win for Miller.
1) Dan Hardy: He is 0-4 in his last 4 fights. Another loss and no matter how much butt kissing he does 2 Lorenzo he will be gone.
2) Sexyama: Sexy has never looked so ugly.... Sexy is 0-4, and is in the same spot Hardy is.
3) Sean Pierson: is 1-2 in the ufc. A third loss in a row could be deadly.
4) Ricardo Funch: I'm surprise he still in the UFC. He has yet to win in the UFC. You can bet another loss and he is gone again.
5) David Mitchell: he is 0-2 in the ufc.
1) Spencer Fisher: He is 1-4 in his last 5 fights. Another loss and he is most likely gone.
2) Rafaello Oliveira: With a record if 1-4 in the UFc, and 0-2 as of late he needs a win to keep his job.
3) Cody McKenzie: A guillotine choke can only get u so far in the UFC.
4) TJ'O Brian: 0-2 in the ufc his 3rd will be his ticket out.
1) Tyson Griffin: Idk what this dude deal is but he needs to get his shit straight. He is actually talented, but been overweight and 1-4 record he will be showned the door out soon enough.
2) Leonard Free Win's Garcia: 1-7-1 record is very impressive.... Yes I'm counting some of his official wins as loses.
3) Manvel Gamburyan: Another loss will put him at 0-4. He can't afford another loss.
4) Michihiro Omigawa: He is a tough SOB, but he needs a win. 1-3 is not going to cut it.
1) Urijah Faber: He needs to stop getting title shots lol
2) Jeff Curran: He not as good as his brother
3) Walel Watson: He is 1 loss from the deadly 0-3.
4) Kid Yamamoto: Seems he is allergic to winning in the UFC.