Photo of James Vick via UltimateFighter.com.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) event drought continued this weekend with another three weeks to go before the Octagon plays host to some fisticuffs streamed live into out living rooms.
But, that doesn't mean there wasn't plenty of combat sports action to take in.
For starters, The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) is now back in full swing with season 15 bringing a new format featuring live fights every Friday night for the next 12 or so weeks.
Bellator is also back with another season of action, also on Friday nights. In addition, boxing great Sergio Martinez returned to the ring this past Saturday night while the NCAA wrestling championships went down over the course of a thrilling few days.
In case you missed any or all of it, here are links to all the major stories from this past weekend in combat sports.
NCAA Wrestling Championships:
The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 15 episode two:
- Results and live fight coverage
- Recap and morning after discussion
- Bellator moment: Brian Rogers flying knee knockout of Vitor Vianna
- Sergio Martinez vs. Matthew Macklin results and live coverage
- Sergio Martinez retains middleweight title with stoppage win over Matthew Macklin
M-1 Challenge 31:
- Results and recap: Alexander Emelianenko and Jeff Monson pick up wins
- Alexander Emelianenko fight video against Tadas Rimkevicius
Score Fighting 4:
BAMMA USA BadBeat 5:
2012 World Judo Masters and Grand Slam: