Benson Henderson showed to the world tonight why he is the king of the lightweight division posting a dominant victory over Nate Diaz. It's also changing of the guards as Rory mutilated BJ and Gus beat Shogun. In our own money pool, we got two important news that will have a lot of implications in our own Money Pool: (1) A Canadian won this event and this should put the US citizens to shame. Come on guys Yan117 beat all of us and that goes to show how we are all slipping in our abilities. Last time Scottidog beat all of us and now another Canadian? (2) a 16-year old kid without pubic hair is currently on top of everyone. However, the top 5 are now as close to each other with just 1 point separating pride and kg12 with BNF, Scotti and Rollo not far behind. With 2 more events this will be a slobber knocker for the top three places.
MANIA 1 CAMP:
- In what was the perfect ' Hot Bout" for the evening, 16 people picked Nate Diaz to become the new champion and 15 people picked Benson to retain. I was quite surprised by how easy Benson handled Nate and gave the 15 of us an early Christmas gift of 22 points.
- 23 people picked the Suede while 8 people were living off in 2005 when Shogun was actually championship-caliber. It's time to wake these people up: unambig, Amos14, dlocc, wyldeman99, freenow82, Sombrero, ricky-dooby and u-had_me_at_kimura. The world is ending in 2012 and you guys are still in 2005 mode.
- 6 people picked BJ to win against Rory. Let's see who they are: Aussie, dlocc, freenjow82, ricky-dooby, Sombrero, U-had_me_at_kimura. Come on guys, we all knew BJ was good 5 years ago, but he just can't hang with the elites and the up and comer contenders anymore. Time to get out of his nuts.
- In the battle of two TUF scrubs, 2 people picked the lesser known one. dlocc and freenow82. Guys, I don't know if you're just trying to be greedy here or if you really thought Proctor is going to win, better check your MMA knowledge.
- 7 people picked the midget Martinez and they were surprised by that head kick from Daron. Guys: kg12, goldmouth, kimuraalloveryourface, unambig, Amos14, jayw27, and u_had_me_at_kimura, you need to learn the lesson that sometimes a TUF scrub wins against an average opponent.
- 8 people picked Matt Brown for the upset and boy did he win in an impressive fashion knocking out Swick out cold! I have to praise you guys: The Pride, Joben, Yan117, NNR, Aussie, letstalkmma, ShivanTiger, u_had_me_at_kimura for taking the big risk and picking Matt to win. Kimura is even more impressive as he got perfect 13 points.
- Shivan Tiger picked Albert to win against Jorgensen. I don't know if that pick is because of the beer or he is just fooling around.
- CDSMid, freenow82, Sombrero and ohmamadoes picked Phan to win. Must be too much Vietnamese inspirations for them.
- Unambig and ohmamadoes hit big time when they picked Assuncao to win over Easton. That is courage right there especially when 29 people safely picked Easton to win. Congrats unambig and please don't waste your tears on Nate, he CLEARLY was DOMINATED in the same way that Sandusky dominated those kids.
- Rolandando, goldmouth, Amos14, letstalkmma, and Ulf Murphy picked Yves to win and the geriatric Edwards even knocked out Stephens. I don't know what strategy Jeremy has but he showed why his skills were probably left in the prison.
- GSP's number one fan, Yan117 took home the bragging rights in this event as he scored 83 points going 8/10 and getting perfect scores for Benson, Gus, Macdonald, Nijem and Siver. Good job Yan. You just have to remain consistent though as there came a point when I had to give you a sig of shame for finishing last.
- Mr. Alcoholic Joben notched the second place trophy this event as he scored 79 points going 8/10 and getting perfect scores for Benson, Gus, Rory, and Siver. Going strong Jobie, 2 more events and you could be on the top 5.
- Free pool alumni letstalkmma got third place as he scored 78 points going 9/10 but only getting perfect scores for Benson, Gus and Rory.
- After winning the past event, Freenow82 fucked this event and he scored 10 points. 10 fucking points. You should be happy there is another sucker in the free pool named karpentero who scored 5 points or else you'll be the worst picker in the history of any league. He went 2/10 and only got 5 points for the correct picks. I am so happy to collect my $20 as Cain brings the belt back to Mexico freenow. Just send it to whoever will be Commissioner as my entry fee. Yan 117 will fuck your sig.
THE REST OF THE SCORES:
THE STORIES AFTER EIGHT (8) EVENTS:
- Pride is now on top of the food chain but is one point ahead of kg12 and 4 points ahead of BNF
- Scottidog and Rolandando are still hanging in there for the top 4 and 5 spots.
- Yours truly is still a contender, currently at top 6.
- Yan117 is the biggets gainer with 8 notches up.
- Scarnon didn't pick so he went down 5 notches.
- Joben and NNR went up 4 notches to solidify their places.
- Rilly and freenow went down 3 notches each.
- Ricky-dooby has fallen down and is almost in the company of the bottom-dwellers.
THE REST OF THE SCORES:
|MMA Playground season 14: Fortnight of Pain
8 / 10 events complete
That's it Maniacs. Please fell free to talk about the results. You can also prefer to rub further salt into my wounds after that Pacman shellacking courtesy of Marquez. Yes, he lost but he still tried to give us a good fight. As wooly shambler said in one thread, I would rather see my favorite boxer go down than see Levesseur try to hump a leg and then get knocked out in the process.