"It's A Wrap."
Undefeated (9-0) one-armed mixed martial arts (MMA) MMA sensation Nick Newell kept his perfect record intact last night (Dec. 7, 2012) at XFC 21: "Night of Champions II," suplexing and then choking out Bellator Fighting Championship veteran Eric Reynolds in the first round of their 155-pound main event bout at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tenessee.
And he was rewarded with the Xtreme Fighting Championships (XFC) lightweight championship for his impressive effort.
Newell has now finished seven of his nine opponents in the first round, which is an accomplishment that most professional fighters with two full limbs can't achieve. In fact, it took Bellator standouts Eddie Alvarez and Jorge Masvidal three rounds to wrap up Reynolds.
Check out the rest of the XFC 21 results below (via Sherdog.com), which aired live on AXS TV:
- Nick Newell defeats Eric Reynolds via submission (rear-naked choke) in round one
- Ryan Thomas defeats Corey Hill via submission (armbar) in round one
- Stephanie Eggink defeats Heather Clark via unanimous decision
- Marcus Finch defeats Dustin West via technical knockout(head butt) in round one
- Ricky Rainey defeats Donald Wallace via technical knockout (knee and punches) in round one
- Jarrod Card defeats Keith Richardson via technical submission (guillotine choke) in round two
- Gerric Hayes defeats Jason Blackford via technical knockout (knee and punches) in round two
- Tommy Roberts defeats Josh Phelps via technical knockout (punches) in round one
- Jorge Medina defeats D.J. Sidthilaw-Browning via submission (rear-naked choke) in round three
- Cromwell Stewart defeats Zachary Hicks via split decision