There were plenty of facts to come out of UFC 155: "Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2," which took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Dec. 29, 2012.
Some are notable, others irrelevant and a few will expand your knowledge.
For instance, we know that Junior dos Santos and Cain Velasquez collided for a second time in the main event, with Velasquez earning a unanimous decision and, in the process, regaining the UFC heavyweight belt he lost to "Cigano" 13-months ago (watch it here).
That's not all we know, though.
Check out 18 post-fight facts about UFC 155: "Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2" below:
- Velasquez has successfully completed 27 takedowns in his 10-fight UFC career -- the most in UFC heavyweight history.
- Erik Perez is the first bantamweight in UFC history to finish three fights in a row.
- UFC 155 drew an attendance of 12,423 for a gate of $3,286,000.
- After winning five UFC fights in a row, Melvin Guillard has lost four of his last five UFC bouts.
- Brad Pickett fought to a decision for the first time in his UFC career.
- Chris Leben became the 10th fighter in UFC history to fight in the Octagon 20 times.
- Jim Miller, Joe Lauzon, Todd Duffee and John Moraga earned $65,000 post-fight bonuses.
- All eight of Todd Duffee's career victories are by way of (technical) knockout.
- According to Fight Metric, Velasquez became the first fighter in UFC history to post triple digits in significant strikes landed and double digits in takedowns landed in a single fight. Velasquez landed 111 significant strikes and 11 takedowns against dos Santos. The previous closest record was 81 strikes and 11 takedowns by James Hettes at UFC 141.
- Lauzon tied UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva for the most post-fight bonuses in UFC history at 12.
- The UFC 155 "Prelims" card saw four fights end in a split decision.
- Leben fought to a decision for the first time since Jan. 2010.
- Alan Belcher suffered his first defeat since a split decision defeat to Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 100 in July 2009.
- Tim Boetsch lost his first fight since dropping to the middleweight division in May 2011.
- Miller holds the record for most wins ever in the UFC lightweight division at 11.
- Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos was the first UFC heavyweight championship fight to go to a decision since Randy Couture vs. Tim Sylvia at UFC 68 on March 3, 2007.
- Leonard Garcia's split decision defeat to Max Holloway was the sixth time in Garcia's last 10 fights where the result has been a split decision.
- Myles Jury's decision victory over Michael Johnson was the first time in Jury's 11-fight MMA career where he has gone past the first round.
That's a wrap for this set of UFC facts.
Did you learn anything new/interesting? Do any of the facts change your perspective on Saturday's fights?
Let us know below!
Be sure to also check out our complete UFC 155 blow-by-blow coverage of the entire "Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2" event right here. And for a detailed recap of the UFC 155 "Prelims" bouts on Facebook/FX click here.