Pretty simple, actually. I could just leave it at a comment but might as well milk it.
1) There's no wrestling background here: No sport practiced here resembles anything like wrestling. No judo, no bjj, no catch, no nothing. The masses will look at two dudes laying on top of eachother and will immediatly change the channel. Could education change it? perhaps but it won't be upon the first view, if anything, try giving it 5 years or so.
2) Abismal coverage: seriously, you don't want to see the sport being covered by any of the two big networks here (and yes, those two are your only option). They make a mockery of everything they touched. Watching ufc 100 through ufc 123 or so was an exercise on patience. If you think Mike Goldberg is bad, you should try the guys here. One of them was narrating wrasslin' through the matches, the other one was there because it was the 'in' thing to do, the other one i can't even remember and only one of them (yes, there were four) knew a fuck about mma. Oddly enough that guy, Rodrigo Arana is friends with Fabricio Werdum & trained by Renzo Gracie... also, did i mention Renzo narrated one event for latinamerica? that's about the only positive from that horrid experience.
3) Boxing: boxing is about the only combat sport that matters for most of Mexico and as such, you can expect a lot of politics going in before making it to the broadcast of the show. The revenue for boxing is crazy and most likely, the promoters will look to keep it that way.
4) Gyms: no actual, formal gyms that i know of. Sure, there's the odd one here and there but none of them have produced one fighter that is (or has been) in the UFC. You might as well take all the hispanic talent at Jackson's and give'em their own show.
5) Coaches: who the fuck is going to coach this insanity? There are no known mexican fighters right now. And believe me, you don't want to pit Cain Velasquez (as mexican) vs an american HW, that's a recipe for disaster and a great sense of bigotry.
6) Staleness: seriously, just fucking kill this show already, it has been sucking major cock since like 4 years ago, just be done with it.
So, what do the brazilian, english & aussie maniacs think? Did the show do anything for your markets?