UFC on FX 6: "Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson" took place Friday night (Dec. 14, 2012) in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia with Ross Pearson defeating George Sotiropoulos by TKO in the main event. The undercard saw two new winners of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) reality show crowned while Hector Lombard also picked up his first UFC victory. Those are facts. And we have more.
Some are notable, others irrelevant and a few will expand your knowledge.
For instance, we know that Ross Pearson and George Sotiropoulos collided in the main event, with "The Real Deal" earning a third-round finish and, in the process, winning his first lightweight fight since February 2011.
That's not all we know, though.
Check out 13 post-fight facts about UFC on FX 6: "Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson" below:
- Chad Mendes earned back-to-back finishes for the first time in his nine-fight stint under the UFC banner.
- Hector Lombard is 21-0-1 with one "No Contest" in his career when fighting in Australia.
- UFC on FX 6 drew an attendance of 5,133 for a gate of $900,000.
- Ben Alloway, Cody Donovan and Nick Penner earned $40,000 post-fight bonuses.
- Norman Parke and Robert Whittaker earned "six-figure UFC contracts" for winning The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): Australia vs. UK.
- Joey Beltran's unanimous decision victory over Igor Pokrajac was his first UFC win at light heavyweight.
- George Sotiropoulos has failed to secure a takedown in all three of his UFC defeats.
- UFC on FX 6 was the second UFC event of 2012 that did not award a "Submission of the Night" bonus, the other was UFC 148 in July.
- Ross Pearson has outstruck his opponent in strikes in all eight of his UFC bouts.
- Seth Baczynski had his six-fight win-streak snapped and was handed his second UFC defeat by Mike Pierce on the "Prelims" portion of the card.
- Three of the four losses in Rousimar Palhares' UFC career are by first-round (T)KO.
- Rousimar Palhares lost a second consecutive fight for the first time his 20-fight career.
- After opening his UFC career with seven-straight wins, George Sotiropoulos has lost three bouts in a row.
That's a wrap for this set of UFC facts.
Did you learn anything new/interesting? Do any of the facts change your perspective on last Friday's fights?
Let us know below!