Joe Camporeale-US PRESSWIRE
Are you hungry for some UFC knowledge? Good, because MMAmania.com has you covered with 14 facts about UFC on FX 6: "Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson," which is scheduled for this Friday (Dec. 14, 2012) from the Gold Coast Convention Centre in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
For the first time ever, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will travel down to an Australian city besides Sydney as it hits the Gold Coast for UFC on FX 6 this Friday night (Dec. 14, 2012).
The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): "Smashes" coaches Georges Sotiropoulos and Ross Pearson collide in the lightweight headliner, while a middleweight bout between Hector Lombard and Rousimar Palhares will also take place on the card.
That's not all.
With the event just days away and anticipation growing with every passing second, let's take a few minutes to review some event-related facts about UFC on FX 6: "Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson."
- George Sotiropoulos competes for the first time since July 2011.
- Mike Pierce is one of five UFC fighters to compete four times in 2012 (Melvin Guillard, Matt Brown, Daniel Pineda, Michael Johnson).
- Joey Beltran is 1-5 in his past six UFC fights.
- Sotiropoulos and Pearson are the first pair of TUF reality show coaches to fight since TUF 14 coaches Michael Bisping and Jason Miller.
- Pearson returns to the lightweight division for the first time since Aug. 2011.
- Lombard is coming off his first defeat since Nov. 2006.
- The UFC on FX 6 main event is the first UFC fight card to feature two fighters coming off of losses since Gray Maynard vs. Clay Guida last June.
- UFC on FX 6 is the organization's fourth event in Australia.
- Palhares has never lost two fights in a row.
- Pierce and Seth Baczynski, who fight on the "Prelims" portion of the card, are both coming off knockout victories.
- Sotiropoulos has not won a fight since a submission victory over Joe Lauzon at UFC 123 in Nov. 2010.
- Ten of the 20 fighters competing on the card are making their Octagon debuts.
- Colin Fletcher and Robert Whittaker are favoured by oddsmakers to win the TUF: Smashes finals.
- Yaotzin Meza makes his UFC debut against Chad Mendes on 10-days notice.
That's a wrap for this set of fun UFC facts.
Did you learn anything new/interesting? Do any of the facts change your perspective on Saturday's fights?
Let us know below!