USA TODAY Sports
UFC on FOX 5: "Henderson vs. Diaz" took place Saturday night (Dec. 8, 2012) in Seattle, Wash., with Ben Henderson defeating Nate Diaz by unanimous decision in the main event, while Alexander Gustafsson also picked up a decision victory in the co-main event. Those are facts. And we have more.
There were plenty of facts to come out of UFC on FOX 5: "Henderson vs. Diaz," which took place at the KeyArena in Seattle, Wash., on Dec. 8, 2012.
Some are notable, others irrelevant and a few will expand your knowledge.
For instance, we know that Ben Henderson and Nate Diaz collided in the main event, battling for five action-packed rounds that resulted in "Bendo" earning a unanimous decision and, in the process, notching his second successful UFC lightweight title defense.
We also know how Diaz felt about it.
That's not all we know, though.
Check out 19 post-fight facts about UFC on FOX 5: "Henderson vs. Diaz" below:
- Henderson has gone to a decision in seven consecutive bouts. "Smooth" has fought 145 consecutive minutes without finishing an opponent.
- Jeremy Stephen's suffered a knockout loss for the first time in his 29-fight professional career.
- According to Fight Metric, Henderson outlanded Diaz 124 to 30 in significant strikes.
- Diaz is tied with Demian Maia for the most UFC fights in the past five years at 14.
- B.J. Penn surpassed Tito Ortiz for the most total fight time in UFC history at five hours, three minutes and 51-seconds.
- Betting favorites went 7-4 on the card.
- Mauricio Rua is winless (0-3) in the UFC in fights that go to a decision.
- Matt Brown is on the first four-fight win-streak of his career.
- According to Fight Metric, Abel Trujillo out-struck Marcus LeVesseur 67 to 7 in their "Prelims" card bout.
- The 30-24 scorecard in the Dennis Siver vs. Nam Phan fight was just the second in UFC history. The first was Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes at UFC 83.
- Alexander Gustafsson fought to a decision in consecutive fights for the first time in his career.
- All six of Nate Diaz's UFC losses are by way of decision.
- Mike Swick was knocked out for the first time in his 14-fight UFC career.
- Given the current UFC schedule, Brown will be the only fighter on the UFC roster to go 4-0 in 2012.
- B.J. Penn's loss to Rory MacDonald dropped his record to 1-4-1 in his past six fights.
- Mike Easton had his eight-fight win streak snapped and was handed his first defeat since Sept. 2007.
- Dennis Siver improved to 2-0 since dropping to the featherweight division.
- Scott Jorgensen is the sixteenth fighter in UFC history to earn two post-fight bonuses in one event. The feat has happened 18 times overall, with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva picking up double bonuses on three separate occasions.
- Henderson is the only fighter on the UFC roster to compete and win in three title fights in 2012.
That's a wrap for this set of UFC facts.
Did you learn anything new/interesting? Do any of the facts change your perspective on Saturday's fights?
Let us know below!
For complete UFC on FOX 5: "Henderson vs. Diaz" event coverage, results, recaps, videos and more click here.