Are you hungry for some Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) knowledge?
Good, because I have you covered with 19 facts about UFC on Fuel TV 6: "Franklin vs. Le," which is scheduled for this Saturday (Nov. 10, 2012) from Cotai Arena at the Venetian Macau Resort Hotel in Macau, China.
The event is headlined by a middleweight bout between Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le and can be seen on live on FUEL TV in the United States and Rogers Sportsnet in Canada, starting at 9 a.m. ET this weekend.
Check the full entry for 19 facts about Saturday’s UFC on FUEL TV 6 event below:
- UFC on FUEL TV 6 is the first UFC event to take place in China.
- Nine of the 20 fighters competing on the card have Asian backgrounds.
- Rich Franklin has fought in the main event in six of his last seven bouts.
- Stanislav Nedkov fights for the fist time since winning his Octagon debut against Luiz Cane at UFC 134 on Aug. 27, 2011.
- Cung Le has only fought to a decision once in his 10-fight professional career.
- Thiago Silva has not won an mixed martial arts (MMA) fight since a first-round knockout of Keith Jardine at UFC 102 on Aug. 29, 2009.
- The nine fighters on the card who came from Asian descent combine for a UFC record of 12-13 with one "No Contest."
- Franklin competes in a middleweight bout for the first time since a technical knockout win over Travis Lutter at UFC 83 on April 19, 2008.
- Paulo Thiago fights for the first time since being knocked out for the first time in his career at UFC on FUEL TV 3 last April.
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Jeff Hougland and John Lineker vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani were moved to the UFC on FUEL TV 6 fight card after UFC 151 was canceled in September.
- Nedkov is tied with Roger Hollett and Rashad Evans as the shortest light heavyweight on the UFC roster at 5'11."
- With a combined age of 78 years, 225 days, Franklin and Le are the ninth oldest pair of fighters to headline a UFC event.
- Takanori Gomi is 2-3 in the UFC. His two wins were by (technical) knockout, while all three of his losses came via submission.
- Silva holds a UFC record of 5-3 with one "No Contest." None of the five men Silva has defeated are still under UFC contract.
- After starting his career on a 16-fight unbeaten streak, Dong Hyun Kim has lost two of his last three.
- Tiequan Zhang is the only Chinese fighter competing on the card.
- Mac Danzig is 3-5 in his last eight fights and has not won two fights in a row since Dec. 2007 to April 2008.
- With an undefeated record (6-0), Jon Tuck has finished all six of his opponents by knockout or submission in the first round.
- Takeya Mizugaki has alternated wins and losses in his nine fights under the Zuffa banner (UFC, WEC).
That's a wrap!
Learn something new and/or interesting?
Remember, MMAmania.com will provide LIVE blow-by-blow, round-by-round coverage of UFC on FUEL TV 6: "Franklin vs. Le," beginning with the "Prelims" bouts on Facebook scheduled for around 7 a.m. ET. In addition, we will also provide LIVE, real-time results of the main card action as it happens throughout the early morning this upcoming Saturday.