Welcome, Maniacs, to the twenty-third edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: Mania commenter catanach had a genius line about Anderson Silva fighting a bear.
I guess it's human nature to want to see people fail...
I'm convinced that if Silva went down and beat GSP, then went up and Beat Jones, 6-8 months later he would be in the Octagon fighting a bear. Though I'm not sure where he'd go after he KO'd that bear.
- Article of the week: Todd Duffee is back, bitches!
- Statistic of the week: Two of the most popular articles this week were B.J. Penn posting a video about being in "amazing shape" as his fight against Rory MacDonald nears and Ronda Rousey admitting she likes to have sex before her fights. I think if there was ever an article written about Ronda Rousey having sex with B.J. Penn, the site would explode.
- Fanpost of the Week: The knockouts of 2012 by Death Kick Subjection was awesome.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Jesse Holland's off topic post about the dude with 31 inch biceps is downright crazy.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: DJ Pullout with a pretty funny burn on B.J. Penn.
"But everybody on this phone call knows what B.J. Penn would do."
Answer = Get Stomped
- DJ Pullout
- Interview of the Week: Check out our exclusive interview with Bellator 82 main card fighter David Rickels talking his weight cut and much, much more.
But that's not all, Mike Bohn had a solid conversation with UFC on Fox 5 fighter Matt Brown in advance of his main card fight next week.
- Video of the Week: Anaconda Chokes are awesome, but they're even better when taught by the MMA Candy girls.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Geno was on fire this week
Man, I fucking hate everyone today.
The good news about the Eagles season is that we won't have to hear Andy Reid breathe through three heart attacks at every press conference.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Stoya's O-Face is insane
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. As the year draws to a close, it's time to look ahead:
What December fight are you most looking forward to?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.