Welcome, Maniacs, to the twenty-second edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: Cory Braiterman gets the honor this week for hitting the nail on the head with Cesar Gracie's comments about a GSP vs Anderson Silva super fight:
"Manager of fighter says something that angles his guy into prominent fight instead of someone else. Film at 11."
- Article of the week: Kevin Haggerty's 5 Things to be Thankful for with MMA in 2012 was pretty solid and I agreed with just about everything. Give it a read.
- Statistic of the week: Miesha Tate opens her mouth complaining about Georges St. Pierre's stance on women's MMA and you guys just flocked to it like seagulls to trash.
- Fanpost of the Week: Death Kick Subjection didn't get nearly enough attention for his in-depth "Observing Jon Jones" article. Here's another chance to check it out.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: You can't have fanposts nominated without unambig being involved so here's his UFC 154 report card. Also, DoctorMMA had a pretty solid piece about Anderson Silva, GSP and Jon Jones superfights.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: Wooly Shambler was telling it like it is when discussing Todd Duffee's return to the UFC.
Talented kid with a high ceiling ???
Yea and Chris leben is lightning quick with great head movement
- wooly shambler
- Interview of the Week: I had a killer two-part post-fight interview with UFC 154 "Knockout of the Night" winner and hopeful welterweight number one contender Johny Hendricks. Check out part one and part two if you haven't already.
But that's not all, we also had a post-fight interview with Carlos Condit's head UFC 154 trainer Mike Winkeljohn, and Mike Bohn also spoke with UFC 154 winner Pablo Garza following his upset victory over Mark Hominick.
- Video of the Week: Usually I post hot girls with big boobs teaching submissions, but when a guy gets a TKO from vomiting, it just belongs in this article.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Chicago Bears had their back-up QB on Monday Night Football and they got steamrolled. This post almost writes itself.
Once again, Major Wright on Vernon Davis. VAUNTED LOVIE SMITH BEARS DEFENSE FUCK YOU I HATE YOUR GUTS YOU PIECE OF SHIT.
Can already tell I'm not going to be able to handle Jon Gruden's aggressive cock sucking of everyone on the field.
This is embarrassing. Like, fire motherfuckers before the game ends embarrassing. COLIN FUCKERNICK LIKE DAN MARINO IN THIS BITCH.
This is purgatory. Bears will never win a Super Bowl with Lovie Smith as coach but they always win enough to keep him employed.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: GSP may not have ever actually dated her, but Mandy Moore can continue being cageside any time she pleases.
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. In light of the holiday, we'll keep it simple:
How did you spend your Thanksgiving yesterday, Maniacs?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.