Welcome, Maniacs, to the nineteenth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: This was a solid comment from dddddddddddddddddd in reference to Georges St. Pierre's return to the Octagon later this month.
If he finishes Carlos they should just play a loop of the verse from mamma said knock you out
"Don't call it comeback, I've been here for years, rockin my peers puttin suckas in fear. Making the tears rain down like a monsoon listen to the bass go boom. Explosion, overpowerin, over the competition, I'm towerin....."
- Article of the week: Our very own Thomas Myers brought out some classic old school Mania style with his very off topic and random article about the photoshopped GSP vs Condit poster.
- Statistic of the week: It's not a big surprise, but out of our top 10 most popular articles this week, three of them were about UFC ring girls. Are you guys you guys are coming here because it's an MMA site? (BTW, there's a Brittney Palmer article coming out later today that will likely make top 10 for next week). Stay tuned!
- Fanpost of the Week: MMA Roundup has a terrific collection of MMA fighters and ring girls celebrating Halloween
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one goes to catanach, who doesn't think Alistair Overeem is a very clean fighter.
If you shook Overoids hand a month before a drug test you would test positive
- Interview of the Week: If you haven't already, check out my interview with GLORY World Series kickboxer Ky Hollenbeck. He's fighting this weekend and is the only American in the one-night tournament field.
- Video of the Week: These girls could choke me all day if they wanted
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Despite Chicago coming back to win their game this week in the NFL, Geno had plenty of time to sweat out some shitty plays by the defense early on.
Wow. For real? This defense is shit. This bend but don't break and rely on lucky breaks and mistakes is fucking retarded. Fuck you.
- Honorable mention goes to Geno as well. Geno + Football = Awesome
How the fuck did the Chiefs get a Monday night game? Did anyone really think they'd be that good?
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: I stumbled across this earlier this week and immediately knew it belonged here:
Instead of "Dumbest Comment of the Week" I'm doing a special "most sensible comment of the week" in honor of something our very own Scottidog posted:
You know all the shit they say about us?
Frathouse morons....knuckle dragging retards posting dick pics and porn?
The sad thing is.....they're currently not wrong.
We need to take this shit back. We can't have BE being right.
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
With no UFC until next week, what event are you most excited for this weekend?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.