I would like to begin this post by saying that the Mayan Calendar might be true and that the world is coming to an end this December. You want concrete proof? Scottidog is tied with freenow82 for FIRST PLACE! YES, you read it right. FUCKING FIRST PLACE. No matter how good the fight between GSP and Condit, Scottidog taking first place in this pool overshadowed that fight. Johnny Hendricks Koing Kampmann in 46 seconds? That's nothing compared to Scottidog and freenow winning this event. Let's head to the results shall we?
|Welterweight||Georges St-Pierre (c)||def.||Carlos Condit (ic)||Decision (unanimous)||5||5:00||49–46, 50–45, 50–45 Fight of the Night|
|Welterweight||Johny Hendricks||def.||Martin Kampmann||KO||1||0:46||Knockout of the Night|
|Middleweight||Francis Carmont||def.||Tom Lawlor||Decision (split)||3||5:00||29–28, 28–29, 29–28|
|Lightweight||Rafael dos Anjos||def.||Mark Bocek||Decision (unanimous)||3||5:00||30–27, 30–27, 30–27|
|Featherweight||Pablo Garza||def.||Mark Hominick||Decision (unanimous)||3||5:00||29–27, 30–26, 29–28|
Preliminary Card (FX)
|Middleweight||Patrick Côté||def.||Alessio Sakara||Disqualification (punches to back of head)||1||1:26|
|Light Heavyweight||Cyrille Diabaté||def.||Chad Griggs||Submission (rear naked choke)||1||2:24|
|Lightweight||John Makdessi||def.||Sam Stout||Decision (unanimous)||3||5:00||30–27, 29–28, 30–27|
|Featherweight||Antonio Carvalho||def.||Rodrigo Damm||Decision (split)||3||5:00||29–28, 28–29, 29–28|
Preliminary Card (Facebook and Youtube)
|Welterweight||Matthew Riddle||def.||John Maguire||Decision (unanimous)||3||5:00||30–27, 30–27, 29–28|
|Bantamweight||Ivan Menjivar||def.||Azamat Gashimov||Submission (armbar)||1||2:44||Submission of the Night|
|Featherweight||Darren Elkins||def.||Steven Siler||Decision (unanimous)||3||5:00||30–27, 30–27, 30–27|
- I won't be surprised that 88% of the people picked GSP to edge out a unanimous decision victory over Condit. Two things surprised me: (1) 4 people picked Condit and they are the usual suspects of either having no fight picking skills or simply belived in the possessed Condit - scarnon (split decision), letstalkmma (unanimous decision), u_had_me_at_kimura (2, sub) and P-dub (1, KO) and (2) too much GSP will make your picking skills retarded - Yan117 (1, sub) and ricky dooby (4, KO). Yan and ricky should have known by now that GSP wins by decisions. Period.
- One of the fights where the Maniacs are torn apart is the Kamp-Beard match-up as evidenced by the 59-41% split in the camp. 46 seconds later, the hopes of 13 people, led by the PRIDE, had their scores pegged at 0.
- 3 people picked Filthy to win (just 9% of the camp) and hey they might have been robbed in this fight. I don't have a problem with giing Lawlor the victory here as he seemed to have done more and has put Carmont in dangerous positions. But scarnon (2, sub), jayw27 (1, sub) and P-dub (decision) were unlucky this time as the judges awarded the points to 29 people in the camp.
- Only 3 people - Pride (1, KO), Rolandando (2, sub) and P-Dub (decision) picked the Scarecrow to win and boy did he win impressively taking out Hominick via brutal punishment. 29 people in the camp still believed in Mark's over-all better game and once again he let us down.
- 78% in our camp picked Pato to win over Damm. Damm be aside, I still think Carina Damm is better than Rodrigo.
- Another difficult fight for the Maniacs to pick is the RDA-Bocek fight as evidenced by the 56-44% split in our camp. At the end of the day though, 14 people overvalued Bocek and lost in the process.
- No One, Yes, NO ONE picked Makdessi to win against Stout.
- 6 people picked Azamat to win against the Pride of El Salvador and after an arm bar 26 people were rejoicing.
- In what was originally a Hot Bout fight, only 12 people in our camp picked The Snake to win versus Griggs. Guys, what did I tell you? Beating Bobby Lashley does not make one a safe bet against Diabate.
- In the Hot Bout of the evening, 17 people picked Elkins while 14 picked Super. As I have seen in all our scores, this fight played the deal breaker in determining the winners. Those who scored 60 and above almost always picked Elkins while those who scored below 60 picked Siler.
- 25 people picked Mr. Green leaves to beat Maguire who was picked by 6 people.
- Freenow82 and Scottidog took home the first place and the bragging rights to give the Aussie from the Penal Colony his sig of shame. Both freenow82 and Scottidog scored 84 points. Freenow82 did it by getting 9/11 correct picks getting 4 perfect scores. Scottidog meanwhile also got 9/11 also getting 4 perfect scores.
- Again- two people- The Pride and VicDundee- got bridesmaid for the event as both of them scored 77 points. The Pride got 8/11 correct picks with 4 perfect picks and VicDundee picked 8/11 and got also 4 perfect points.
- Our koala-fucking friend scarnon got to be the worst picker of the event as he managed just 17 points. He managed just 3/11 correct picks and got no perfect scores. I hope Scottidog or freenow wakes you up from your decline scar by giving you a SIG of SHAME you won't forget.
THE REST OF THE SCORES:
- There still appeared to be a monopoly at the top three positions as BNF, kg12 and the Pride still managed to retain their spots.
- Scottidog is the surprise package here as he went up 5 notches and positioned himself for contendership. Good job Scottidog, I hope you can sustain it.
- Rolandando is now number 4 and kimuraalloveryourface now number 6 and are both striking distance. I went down 1 notch after missing the Hot Bout.
- goldmouth went out of the top 5 as he slipped 4 notches.
- Our alcoholic friend Joben and Sanabriaman went down 5 and 4 notches respectively.
- wyldeman99 also fell down 4 notches.
- freenow82 went up 5 notches from 26 to 21.
- MR. KOALA FUCKER scarnon went down 8 notches as he scored just 17 points this event,
- Sombrero went down 6 notches while Ricardo Dooby went further downhill 4 notches.
- ULF-MURPHY, our past season winner, DID NOT EVEN BOTHER TO MAKE HIS PICKS. Come on ULF!
THE UPDATED SCORES AFTER 7 EVENTS:
MMA Playground season 14: Fortnight of Pain
7 / 10 events complete