Welcome, Maniacs, to the twenty-first edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: Warren305 dropped this knowledge bomb about Anderson Silva when someone compared him to Jose Aldo's now-infamous run into the crowd following his UFC 142 win over Chad Mendes.
If Silva ran out in the crowd, I doubt people would just sit there and clap politely.
- Article of the week: Andrew Richardson's complete fighter breakdown for GSP deserves more recognition than it got. Go read it now!
- Statistic of the week: UFC 154 has not sold out yet, which you'd think would mean that fans don't have as much awareness about the event. Instead, the article announcing that the show hasn't sold out was one of our most popular this entire week. Maybe it'll convince some last minute procrastinators to pick up some tickets.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: OJR gets nominated here for giving Maniacs an opportunity to save money by watching UFC 154 no X-Box for only $32. Check it out.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: There was a pretty funny response by Goldmouth in regards to Shogun wanting another shot at Jon Jones following his three round destruction to lose the title.
shogun doesn't even want to see bones walking in the mall much less the cage
- Interview of the Week: Check out this fantastic interview with UFC 154 featherweight Antonio Carvalho. I don't think this got enough attention when it was originally posted and it deserves another chance!
But that's not all, we had a smorgasbord of interviews this week with UFC bantamweight Erik Perez, UFC 154 featherweight Steven Siler and former UFC champion Andrei Arlovski. New MMAmania contributor Mike Bohn made a huge splash by talking to UFC 154's Patrick Cote, Johny Hendricks and Mark Hominick, plus a multi-part interview with Carlos Condit. Don't forget James Goyder's chat with Shinya Aoki. Happy reading!
- Video of the Week: The MMA Candy girls are back and this time they're teaching the omaplata. I'd gladly surrender my shoulder to be their grappling dummy.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: When the Chicago Bears lose, the Genotime Tweet of the Week wins.
HEY CAMPBELL, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE, YOU CAN'T KEEP CHECKING IT DOWN ON 4TH AND FOREVER YOU FUCKING SHIT STAIN.
This duplex is about to become a single unit when I barrel through this wall here.
Kellen Davis with a drop. GET THAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT OFF THAT FIELD RIGHT FUCKING NOW. WHY THE FUCKING FUCK IS HE STILL OUT THERE??
Proud of those Bears fans who booed Davis off the field. I hope he never returns to it. He ain't hurt, he's a fucking pussy.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: More Olivia Munn please
Dumbest Comment of the Week: I couldn't find anything too glaring, so you guys get a one week vacation here.
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
Would you rather see interim champions defend their title or wait for the actual champion to heal?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.