Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will return to the "Great White North" once again with its biggest box office draw in tow, Georges St. Pierre, reconstructed ACL knee ligament and all.
While St. Pierre was on the operating table, his opponent this weekend at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Carlos Condit, was inside the Octagon defeating Nick Diaz for the mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion's interim 170-pound world championship.
As we draw closer to UFC 154: "St. Pierre vs. Condit," let's take some time to review a few event-related fun facts:
- Eight of the 24 fighters competing on the card are Canadian.
- In the 10 events the UFC has held in Canada, Canadian fighters are dead even (30-30) when facing opponents from other countries.
- Georges St. Pierre fights for the first time since a unanimous decision win over Jake Shields at UFC 129, which took place on April 30, 2011.
- Carlos Condit has won a post-fight bonus in three of his six UFC fights.
- St. Pierre has won three post-fight bonuses in 18 UFC fights.
- Patrick Cote has not won a UFC fight since a split decision victory over Ricardo Almeida at UFC 86 on July 5, 2008.
- Alessio Sakara has been finished with strikes in four of his six UFC losses.
- Chad Griggs makes his UFC light heavyweight debut against Cyrille Diabate on the "Prelims" portion of the card.
- St. Pierre currently holds the second longest active win streak in the UFC at nine.
- Rodrigo Damm is 2-4 in his past six professional bouts.
- According to FightMetric, which tracks MMA stats, St. Pierre tops the UFC with 68 takedowns and a takedown success rate of 77.3 percent.
- Darren Elkins and Steven Siler have each won three-straight UFC bouts, yet they fight on the untelevised Facebook portion of the card.
- St. Pierre has fought to a decision in four consecutive bouts, equalling 100 minutes of cage time.
- UFC 154 will mark the third consecutive time St. Pierre has fought in Canada.
- The 13-bout UFC 154 fight card is tied with UFC 103 for the most bouts scheduled on a UFC card.
- Francis Carmont has won two of his three UFC fights by rear-naked choke submission in the second round.
- Condit, who stands 6'2," is the tallest opponent St. Pierre has ever faced.
That's a wrap for this set of fun UFC facts.
Did you learn anything new/interesting? Do any of the facts change your perspective on Saturday's fights?
Let us know below!