First of all, my apologies foir the late post. I had a French friend come up to town and we have to tour him around the Metro and the nearby attractions. THANK YOU TAP SNAP OR BONS for the post, you can take it down now or let it stay. Cheers.
Wow! 7 out of 10 finishes and it's a free card. Upsets, unexpected twists, jail time, injuries. You could actually make a story that can rival any Hollywood movie with the events that transpired on UFC on FX 5. Let's head straight to the results, shall we?
|Main Card (FX)|
|Heavyweight||Antonio Silva||def.||Travis Browne||TKO (punches)||1||3:27|
|Welterweight||Jake Ellenberger||def.||Jay Hieron||Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Flyweight||John Dodson||def.||Jussier Formiga||TKO (punches)||2||4:35||Note 1|
|Welterweight||Justin Edwards||def.||Josh Neer||Technical submission (guillotine choke)||1||0:45|
|Preliminary Card (Fuel TV)|
|Lightweight||Michael Johnson||def.||Danny Castillo||KO (punches)||2||1:06|
|Welterweight||Mike Pierce||def.||Aaron Simpson||KO (punches)||2||0:29|
|Lightweight||Marcus LeVesseur||def.||Carlo Prater||Decision (split) (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Jacob Volkmann||def.||Shane Roller||Submission (rear naked choke)||1||2:38|
|Featherweight||Diego Nunes||def.||Bart Palaszewski||Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)||3||5:00|
|Flyweight||Darren Uyenoyama||def.||Phil Harris||Submission (rear naked choke)||2||3:38|
Mania1 Camp: Highlights, Ups and Downs
- Only 10 people gave Big Foot Silva the winning note as compared to 21 people who vouched for Hapa. The injury to Hapa brought about by his excessive and uncalled for fancy moves broke the heart of the 68% of the money poolers who confidently put their votes on Browne to easily beat Silva.
- 8 people tried their luck picking Bartimus to win over Nunes. 23 people who picked Diego were laughing with their money points right now as Bartimus proved that he can not hang with the elites of the division.
- The magic number 8 made its appearance again in the money pool as 26% of the poolers had too much faith on the "best flyweight unsigned by the UFC." Although the Maniacs already discovered a "poser" in the name of AintNoSunshine, 23 people could not let their faith down on Dodson. The result is a win for Dodson and a big lost for
ANS, KinglujanFormiga. Remember this guys, never pick a new comer unless that newcomer's opponent is Kyle Kingsbury.
- Call this a stroke of luck for ricky dooby (split decision) and Yan117 (R2, sub) as they probably just let everything to chance and pick Edwards to win against the overwhelming torrent of Josh Neer picks. It paid well especially for Yan who got 7 points from his "fuck this, I will go against the majority" pick.
- 23 people picked
Keanu ReevesNeo against Levesseur and boy did they get burned as Marcus edged Prater with a split decision. That's 7 points for me and points for the other 7 who picked "The Prospect."
- There are 7 people who picked the A-Train to beat split decision-king Pierce and boy did the 7 A-Train passengers get derailed as Simpson got knocked out in the second round.
- 27 people picked Ellenberger while there are only 4 who pushed their way with Lady Luck picking Jay Hieron. Maniacs, I present to you our usual suspects who have made names for being uncharacteristically being attached to low scores and 0! P-Dub (unanimous decision), ohmamadoes (unanimous decision), dlocc (unanimous decision) and wyldeman99 (unanimous decision).
- 20 people picked Michael Johnson while 11 sticked with Castillo in the hot bout of the evening. I thought I would lose my points when Johnson was hit with that straight right and was mounted. Good for the 20 of us, Johnson retained his composure and got "the last call" to finish the Alpha Male.
- 26 people picked Jacob Volkmann to win (and probably grind out a unanimous decision) but oh boy he showed his jiu-jiutsu skills and submitted Roller, together with the chances of the five people who picked him to win.
- I can't believe 8 people picked the newcomer Harris here. Look, we all know Japanese MMA sucks but please, Phil is never in the category of BC here. The scores of these 8 people went out in the dust in round 2 of the fight when Billy tapped.
- kg12 led the pack this low-scoring and upset-filled event scoring 65 points on 8/10 correct picks and getting perfect calls on Nunes, Ellenberger and Uyenoyama. Riding on a very good momentum since pocketing third place last season, kg12 is showing that he is all-eyes on the championship.
- Rookie kimuraalloveryourface notched second place with a score of 59 points going 8/10 correct calls and getting perfect scores for Nunes and Dodson. The rookie is out to make a name for himself and we will see if he is a legitimate threat to the crown.
- Goldmouth gets third place this event scoring one point fewer than kimura. He scored 58 points, going 9/10 but only getting perfect points for Nunes.
- Our Mexican friend dlocc gets bottom-dweller of the event as he miserably scored 21 points going 3/10. I don't know what happened with dlocc here but he picked losers well. You get a sig of shame from kg12 my friend.
Updated SCORES after 5 EVENTS:
- kg12 now leads the Maniacs as he has 257 points, One-time Champion BNF is close second with 250 points while Andrew is not far away with 241 points.
- kimuraalloveryourface and Aussie scarnon are the biggest gainers each notching up three places.
- U-had_me_at_kimura and jay having made no picks dropped down dramatically with 11 and 9 notches down respectively.
- It is still a close fight between Ulf and Shiv at the 17th and 18th spot. WHAT? what happened to you guys? Having Vic Dundee and Scottidog on top of you showed how your picking skills have diminished!
- Speaking of diminishing, ricky dooby and NNR were supposed to be good at this. Wow. Being in the bottom third of this league says a lot with your picking prowess.
MMA Playground season 14: Fortnight of Pain
4 / 10 events complete