Welcome, Maniacs, to the fifteenth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: While Cub Swanson may have rescinded his "beat Aldo 10 out of 10 times" comments, it still spawned a horde of brilliant zingers. None better than this one by deerblood.
Can anyone argue that Cub wasn't winning/dominating the first 6 seconds of their first meeting? Exactly! Please watch the video for clarification.
Bravo, sir. Bravo
- Statistic of the week: What is it with you guys and fights that could never conceivably happen? Urijah Faber says he thinks he could beat up Michael Bisping and our traffic goes through the roof. I suppose there's nothing wrong with being curious.
- Fanpost of the Week: This one goes to unambig's report card for UFC on Fuel TV 5. Rock solid, sir.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Scottidog's call to arms about wanting the old Mania back (community not the format) deserves a nod.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one was in response to Dana White saying he's "the furthest thing from a homophobe" when discussing his regrets. It was posted by scarnon and it would have been number one if it hadn't been shamelessly stolen from Geno's twitter
"If Dana White is the "furthest thing from a homophobe," what does that make him? Gay?"
- Interview of the Week: My 3000+ word interview with female MMA pioneer Tara Larosa deserves another look in case you missed it. TLDR - she's awesome
If that interview isn't enough for you, we've got a shitload of them including Invicta fighters Michelle Waterson, Jessica Penne, Jessamyn Duke and Tecia Torres. I also spoke with Bellator heavyweights Richard Hale and Mike Wessel as well as UFC on FX 5 headliner Travis Browne. Also, James Goyder had a terrific interview with Jens Pulver.
- Video of the Week: I've never wanted to learn a triangle choke more
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: He wasn't very happy at the announcers of the Monday Night Football game between the Bears and the Cowboys
These announcers are so fucking stupid. HIS ENTIRE FOREARM AND ELBOW WAS DOWN WHILE HE HAD THE BALL. DOWN BY CONTACT, FUCKOS.
- Honorable mention goes to Geno as well. Needless to say, he wasn't a fan of the referees:
The replacement refs must be back for this game. HOLDING LIKE FUCKING CRAZY. FUCKING CALL THAT SHIT YOU FUCKING IDIOT FUCKS.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Michelle Jenneke dancing in the rain anyone?
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
Do you care about the UFC flyweight division?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.