Welcome, Maniacs, to the eighteenth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: Normally I save this honor for you Maniacs, but our very own Jesse Holland beat you all to the punch in the article about new UFC Octagon girl Kang Ye-bin.
- Statistic of the week: As always, you Maniacs love your drama. Two of our most popular articles of the week included Jason Miller saying the UFC didn't pay for his knee surgery and Dana White refuting him with an e-mail. Somehow, you loved that more than a ring girl video.
- Fanpost of the Week: This one goes to Ninja Orea Dollop for going back in time with his "Rampage Beat Machida and I can prove it" article.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Phalanx703's article about steroid use in MMA and what Zuffa isn't doing about it is definitely worth an extra look.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one goes to Edgecrusher71 in reference to Donny'sElement's comment about UFC 160 having Glover Teixeira fight both Rampage Jackson and Forrest Griffin in back-to-back fights.
Glover just stays in the cage.
Maybe let them Tag team it?
Call them team Lost'n Heart
- Interview of the Week: This one had no comments the last time I looked so I figured it deserved more attention. Check out my interview with unbeaten Russian phenom Andrey Koreshkov, who's fighting tonight at Bellator 78.
But that's not all. I also did an interview with MFC featherweight Graham Spencer, MFC 35 headliner Elvis Mutapcicand Bellator 78 main card fighter Brian Rogers. You can't forget that James Goyder spoke with One FC lightweight Arnaud Lepont.
- Video of the Week: Ariel Helwani's hour-long interview with Mayhem Miller is really worth your time if you haven't seen it already.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: I thought it would be nice to have a tweet from a happy Geno for once.
INTERCEPTED!!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!! KISS MY ASS DETROIT!!!!! FUCK YOU MEGABITCH.
- Honorable mention goes to Geno as well. We couldn't have the tweet of the week without him getting actually angry.
RACHAL, YOU FAT FUCKING BASTARD, STOP PUSHING PEOPLE AFTER THE WHISTLE. THAT'S FUCKING ILLEGAL.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Natalie Portman was looking damn good last weekend at the UT game.
Dumbest Comment of the week: AhQueeNo wasn't very happy about Dana White saying there will be a women's division in the UFC someday.
The day there is a womens fight in the UFC
is the day I will stop paying attention to this sport.
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
With No UFC event for a couple weeks yet, what promotion do you like to watch the most other than UFC and why?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.