Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE
Check out the best of the best from this past week at MMAmania.com
Welcome, Maniacs, to the seventeenth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: mikeh617 presents an interesting scenario, especially now that Sonnen was gifted a title shot with no UFC wins at LHW.
Am I the only one who would love to see [Nick] Diaz vs Anderson? Just to see someone flip off Anderson during a fight would be fantastic. Even though Nick would probably get his face, or maybe his chest since that seems to be the norm lately, smashed in.
- Article of the week: I was going to pick some big editorial, but Brittney Palmer's Yummy Calender Photos wins every single god damn time.
- Statistic of the week: While it may be a mismatched and a fight he totally didn't deserve, the Chael Sonnen vs Jon Jones fight announcement has brought out the best in Jones already. Hell, he even shut Sonnen up with an anti-TRT rant and you guys absolutely ate it up.
- Good News of the Week: Hey, how about some love for five top recommended fanposts showing up on the sidebars again? Glad to see the developers are listening to what you guys have to say.
- Fanpost of the Week: Co-fanposts of the week this time around. Our very own A.K. coming in and talking about his fourth pro fight? Congrats dude! Also, Silver-Fox was in action this weekend, losing a close split-decision (with video). There's nothing more deserving of admiration than seeing some of our readers willing to put it all on the line.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: We've got two this time. One goes out to Shotokanman for his wild and crazy UFC 148 on-site report (with pictures) and you can't have a fanpost of the week nomination without including unambig's report card.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: After some douche (check bottom) insulted yours truly, our very own ~Peregrine defended my honor Taken style.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
- Interview of the Week: If you haven't already, check out my interview with unbeaten 20-0 Russian lightweight phenomAlexander Sarnavskiy, who's making his Bellator debut tonight.
But that's not all. We've also got an interview with Mike Richman following his 23 second knockout victory at Bellator 76 last weekend and a big interview with debuting MMA fighter Tyrone Spong. Also, James Goyder had a pretty solid conversation with One FC star Edward Folayang.
- Video of the Week: ARIANNY NEW MUSIC VIDEO Y'ALL
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Geno is not a fan of the Detroit Tigers
The Tigers are going to the World Series and about 38 people give a shit.
- Honorable mention goes to Geno again, poor Philly.
Why would any pro football team trust Michael Vick to throw 46 times in one game? LOL, Andy Reid.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Melanie Iglesias? Yes please!
Dumbest Comment of the Week: If you read my article about how Chael Sonnen getting a title shot sets a horrible precedent, you probably saw this one coming:
Wow this was a f u c k i n g WASTE of an article!!
Brian Hemmigay and anyone who agrees with him on this is a total fucking imbecil!
On Andersons nuts with the farce of a fight that Bonnar was, excusing it with "he was saving a card", well Chael P. is saving TUF you retards!!
Claiming Anderson only has a few more fights and shouldnt waste fights yet its ok to fight bonnar to "save" a card?
Chael is the best option because vitor seemingly broke bones arm and he would probably have to rest it up and we wouldnt see him in the cage again before march probably.
Gus will have time to heal up eventual damage from the shogun fight and fight bones after chael.
At which point hendo will be cleared and ready to either go at machida or bones directly.
This makes perfect timing and dollar sense.
I love this site and came here a lot even before the new retard layout and I come in here to speak my mind and to hopefully see logic make changes.
I want to see good, relevant info.
This is just spew.
This site would be better if Brian stopped wasting space or at worst was "relocated" to another pseudo journalist mma site.
Shut your whore mouth Hemmingcum!
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
How many wins at light heavyweight in the UFC should it have taken for Chael Sonnen to deserve a title shot against Jon Jones?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.