Welcome, Maniacs, to the sixteenth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: You guys need to either start nominating comments or be funnier. I sifted through about 10,000 comments for two hours this morning and didn't find anything deserving of this title. I'm calling you out Maniacs!
- Article of the week: If you missed my MMAmania book review article for Betting on MMA by Jason Rothman, here's your second chance. Perhaps you'll want to pick it up. Check it out.
- Statistic of the week: Despite Anderson Silva stepping into the Octagon this weekend, you guys are all about Jon Jones, whether he's considering Chael Sonnen, getting a second opinion on his arm or even if Dana White says he's not as good as the other major PPV draws. Jones = hits.
- Fanpost of the Week: This one goes to unambig's UFC 153: The Quick and the Dirty post. Go check it out if you haven't already.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Scott Levesque's editorial on Anderson vs GSP: Super Fight or Super Late? is well worth your time.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: wooly shambler points out the circle of life with Bonnar vs Silva this weekend since Bonnar's about to be a dad.
This may be the most obvious example of the circle of life ever: Anderson kills Stephan bonnar dead on ppv in brazil and seconds later Bonnars child is born to the world .
- Interview of the Week: Normally this is where I get to push my own stuff, but our very own Thomas Myers killed it with his interview of UFC 153 headliner Stephan Bonnar. Read it now if you haven't already.
But that's not all. Adam Guillen Jr. did a fantastic two-part interview with Sons of Anarchy star Theo Rossi (part one, part two), James Goyder interviewed UFC lightweight Rafael dos Anjos and I spoke with Bellator 76 headliner Patricky Pitbull as well as featherweight tournament fighter Mike Richman.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: No one knows for sure when it started, but his hatred for one Bill Simmons is unmatched:
[Bill] Simmons is every bad cliche rolled into one with an army of mindless drones eager to regurgitate it to the masses like it's meaningful.
- Honorable mention goes to our very own Jesse Holland. Friendly reminder, pay your writers/photographers!
Do you want to hire a kick-ass writer or photographer? Open your wallet, asshole. Do you pay the guy who mows your lawn with "exposure?"
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Eliza Dushku gives new meaning to the word pearl necklace.
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
What will happen if Stephan Bonnar somehow wins tomorrow?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.