The first-ever sanctioned mixed martial arts (MMA) event in Ontario, Canada, took place last night (April 2, 2011) at the Casino Rama in Orillia.
In the main event of the evening, UFC veteran and The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) alum, Josh Burkman, looked to string together his fourth straight victory, taking on the up-and-coming 21-year-old Lethbridge product, Jordan Mein.
It didn't happen.
"Young Guns" -- who recently notched an impressive finish over another well-known former Zuffa employee, Joe Riggs -- stuffed numerous takedowns and boxed up "The Peoples Warrior" for three rounds en route to a unanimous decision victory.
In the co-featured fight of the night, Canadian Chris Horodecki -- who was recently cut by the WEC following a submission loss to Donald Cerrone at WEC 53 -- made quick work of David Castillo, submitting the Jeremy Horn-trained fighter with a rear naked choke moments into their 155-pound bout.
That's not all.
Check out complete "MMA: The Reckoning" results after the jump:
- Jordan Mein defeated Josh Burkman via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Chris Horodecki defeated David Castillo via submission (rear naked choke) in round one
- Jason Young defeated Jorge Britto via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Rob Hill defeated Spencer Rohovie via submission (arm triangle) in round two
- Matt MacGrath defeated Dean Amasinger via unanimous decision
- Jason Saggo defeated Taylor Solomon via submission (armbar) in round two
- Misha Cirkunov defeated Ion Cherdivara via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Joel Powell defeated Brandt Dewsberry via Submission (rear naked choke) in round two
For detailed blow-by-blow, round-by-round coverage of "MMA: The Reckoning" visit SportsNet.ca.