Courtesy of FIghters Only Magazine:
Thiago Silva is being accused of supplying a urine sample that was not from a human source, Fighters Only has learned.
The Nevada State Athletic Commission emailed Fighters Only today with details of the allegations levelled against Silva following his UFC 125 win over Brandon Vera.
A complaint against Silva was filed today by NSAC. Here are the relevant allegations:
4. On January 1, 2011, SILVA participated in a mixed martial arts contest in Las Vegas, Nevada, which he won by unanimous decision (the "Contest"). The Contest was conducted under the direction of the Commission.
5. Immediately before the Contest, on the same date, SILVA voluntarily submitted to urinalysis (the "Urinalysis") and submitted a specimen for testing.
6. SILVA signed the Forensic Drug Testing Custody and Control Form, wherein he certified as follows: "I certify that I provided my specimen to the collector; that I have not adulterated it in any manner; each specimen bottle used was sealed with a tamper-evident seal in my presence; and that the information and numbers provided on this form and on the label affixed to each specimen bottle is correct."
7. The Urinalysis reflects a Complete-Invalid Result indicating that the specimen submitted by SILVA is inconsistent with human urine. The results of the Urinalysis are reflected in the Toxicology Report, attached hereto as Exhibit 1.
8. The specimen submitted by SIVLA was also tested by the Sports Medicine Research & Testing Laboratory, which is accredited by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
9. The Test Report from the Sports Medicine Research & Testing Laboratory reflects that the specimen submitted by SILVA is inconsistent with human urine. The Test Report is attached hereto as Exhibit 2.
10. SILVA submitted an adulterated and/or substituted specimen for testing for the Urinalysis.
Silva has not yet responded to the allegations but faces suspension, fine and overturning of the result if found guilty