(March 25, 2011) — Conducting its first weigh-ins in the state of Mississippi, Bellator Fighting Championships’ presented the new and highly stacked Light Heavyweight Tournament quarterfinalists and local feature fighters.
All 18 fighters stepped on the scale in order to compete in front of MMA fans at Harrah's Tunica Hotel and Casino tomorrow night.
With each televised fighter making weight, BJJ black belt Daniel Gracie, undefeated Tim Carpenter, as well as D.J. Linderman, Raphael Davis, Richard Hale, Nik Fekete, Chris Davis, and Christian M’Pumbu, are all ready to hit the path towards becoming the first Bellator Light Heavyweight Champion and recipient of the $100,000 prize.
Bellator 38 will be broadcast LIVE on Saturday, March 26th at 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT exclusively on MTV2.
The official results of tonight’s weigh-in are as follows:
- Light Heavyweight Quarterfinal Fight: Tim Carpenter (205 lbs.) vs. Daniel Gracie (205.2 lbs.)
- Light Heavyweight Quarterfinal Fight: D.J. Linderman (205.6 lbs.) vs. Raphael Davis (205.2 lbs.)
- Light Heavyweight Quarterfinal Fight: Richard Hale (204.6 lbs.) vs. Nik Fekete (205.4 lbs.)
- Light Heavyweight Quarterfinal Fight: Chris Davis (204.4 lbs.) vs. Christian M’Pumbu (200.6 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Will Penn (250.4 lbs.) vs. Blagoi Ivanov (251 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Jimmy Van Horn (154 lbs.) vs. Austin Lyons (155.6 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Jake Underwood (151.6 lbs.)* vs. Tim Galluzzi (150.4 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Brian Albin (205.2 lbs.) vs. Cody Donovan (205.4 lbs.)
- Local Feature Fight: Amaechi Oselukwue (183.8 lbs.) vs. Abe Wilson (186.6 lbs.)*
*Abe Wilson and Jake Underwood have two hours to make weight.
For more information, visit Bellator.com, follow Bellator on Twitter @BellatorMMA or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Bellator