LAS VEGAS, NV - NOVEMBER 30: Host and mixed martial artist Chael Sonnen arrives at the Fighters Only World Mixed Martial Arts Awards 2011 at the Palms Casino Resort November 30, 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
"I'm done with the guy. He and I have no business. This guy is cold product, man, he's like jerry curls and Pepsi clear. He's yesterday's news. I destroyed this guy back when he was tough. That was years ago. He's so far over the hill and past his prime, it's not worth talking about. I'm going to become the number one contender on Jan. 28. But despite what you may think, I'm not going to use that voucher to fight Anderson Silva. I'll be looking at (Junior) dos Santos, (Jon) Jones, and possibly (Georges) St. Pierre. But that, I will take that voucher to Dana White and I will pick one of those three guys. My time with Anderson is done."
-- Chael Sonnen took his traveling act back to the Off The Record Show with Michael Landsberg and in a preview released today, spit some hot fire in regards to reigning Middleweight Champion and longtime arch nemesis Anderson Silva. Old Uncle Chael says he's done with "The Spider" because the Brazilian is old and washed up. He's already had his way with the champ, after all, and in Sonnen's mind, Silva isn't actually a champion. Whether or not he actually believes that is up to you to decide. But if Sonnen can defeat Mark Munoz at UFC on Fox 2 on Jan. 28 in Chicago, Illinois, the win will earn him a title shot. Instead of going after Silva, though, Chael says he's got his eyes on Junior dos Santos, Jon Jones or Georges St. Pierre, the heavyweight, light heavyweight and welterweight champions, respectively. Two of those are actually rather intriguing bouts but what are the chances he's just popping off at the mouth and none of this is real talk? Anyone want to see Sonnen move up to challenge Jones for the 205-pound strap? Or maybe move down (if he could make it) to 170-pounds to battle St. Pierre?