Hard-hitting British brawler, Paul Daley, returned to mixed martial arts (MMA) action last night (Oct. 21, 2011), taking on Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) veteran, Luigi Fioravanti, in the Ringside 12 main event at the Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
"Semtex" leveraged his superior stand up skills to pound the Italian meat truck for three straight rounds, landing a mix of devastating leg kicks and digging punches to the body en route to a lopsided unanimous decision victory.
Fioravanti, who was completely outclassed, did his best to avoid the abuse, hitting the ground and then inviting Daley to join him. Daley, naturally, never did and, as a result, won his second straight fight since being released from Strikeforce.
With seven appearances in 12 months, Daley intends to now take a quick break from competition before making any future fight plans.
In other action, promising Canadian up-and-coming talent Michael Gagnon made quick work of David Harris with a first round submission victory, while Daron Cruickshank outlasted Mike Ricci for five rounds to earn the promotion's vacant lightweight championship.
Check out complete Ringside 12 results after the jump (via Sherdog.com):
- Paul Daley defeated Luigi Fioravanti via unanimous decision
- Mitch Gagnon defeated David Harris via submission (guillotine choke) in round one
- Daron Cruickshank defeated Mike Ricci via unanimous decision
- Alex Garcia defeated Matt MacGrath via knockout in round one
- Jason Saggo defeated Kevin Morin via technical knockout (strikes) in round three
- Brett Portieous defeated Tommy Cote via split decision
- Francis Charbonneau defeated Christ Franck via unanimous decision
- Keven Tremblay defeated Maxime Fecteau via split decision
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier defeated Guy Poulin via submission (rear naked choke) in round one
- Vladimir Starcencov defeated Craig Hudson via technical knockout (strikes)in round one
For detailed, blow-by-blow results of Ringside 12 action click here.