Poland's premiere MMA promotion, Konfrontacja Sztuk Walki aka KSW, held its14th event earlier today at the Lodz Arena in Lodz, Poland. The fight card featured the final round of KSW’s light-heavyweight grand prix, as well as the first two rounds of their first ever, eight-man lightweight tournament.
Headlining the card was a heavyweight clash between Mariusz Pudzianowski and Eric Esch – also known as that fat goober Butterbean.
Pudz, who was looking to rebound after suffering his first professional loss (to former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia), entered the fight with Esch noticeably smaller than we had seen previously. His decision to drop some of that acquired muscle mass was because he needed to be much faster than he had been before.
Smart decision, but did it do him any good against the former professional boxer who has more than 100 fights to his name?
Full results for KSW 14 are as follows:
KSW Lightweight Tournament Quarterfinal Round:
- Niko Puhakka defeats Borys Mankowski via submission (anaconda choke) in round two.
- Danny Van Bergen defeats Artur Sowinski via unanimous decision after three rounds (extension round).
- Maciej Gorski defeats Kazuki Tokudome via knockout (head kick and punches) in the first round.
- Michal Mankiewicz defeats Paul Reed via unanimous decision after two rounds.
KSW Lightweight Tournament Semifinals:
- Niko Puhakka defeats Danny Van Bergen via unanimous decision after two rounds.
- Maciej Gorski defeats Michal Mankiewicz via unanimous decision after two rounds.
KSW Light-Heavyweight Tournament Final:
- Jan Blachowicz defeats Daniel Tabera via technical knockout in round two to become the KSW light-heavyweight tournament champion.
- Krzysztof Kulak defeats Daniel Dowda via unanimous decision after three rounds.
- Przemyslaw Saleta defeats Marcin Najman via submission (forearm choke) in the first round.
- Mariusz Pudzianowski defeats Eric Esch via submission (strikes) in round one.
*Lightweight tournament finalists Niko Puhakka and Maciej Gorski will fight at the yet-to-be-announced KSW 15.